What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Gagai

Elias1983

Coach
I was just about to say that they have signed beale who can slot into Fullback/centre.

He did say he wanted to play fullback or centre so he can get his hands on the ball more.

64 Dragon

Coach
I was just about to say that they have signed beale who can slot into Fullback/centre.

He did say he wanted to play fullback or centre so he can get his hands on the ball more.

As long as he can keep it in his hands. Still, he is holding down a spot in the Broncs team and they are going well.

Pity Alex Glenn is not available, I think we could use him!

Fingerbang

Bench
And imagine the disappointment poor lil bbc would be feeling if we signed Gagai, yet another fringe 1st grader.

Mr Red

First Grade
The Dogs were on the list of clubs after Gagai. Where the heck are they getting all the cash from?

On the other point, the Dragons have not signed a big name, costly player for forever. It is not their policy to do so.

Bennett was the one who made all the difference to us!

the dogs have 11 players off contact so have money to burn for recruitment

Mr Red

First Grade
Think I might have to slit my wrists with you, grouch....:roll:

Gagai never looked like getting a run in firsts over Beale, and we signed him. You guys seem to want to sign everyone. As if Doust and Price aren't looking to sign players to replace those retiring, moving on. I can't believe how many of you think they are just sitting there staring into space wondering what they should do....ffs.

until proven different with a strategic signing i guess we agree to disagree..
i go on what i am seeing happening, not putting faith in what you assume they are doing...
when its announced Jennings has gone to another top 8 club and we missed yet another player then maybe you'll change your mind..

Elias1983

Coach
Quick, get their phone numbers. They might be cheaper if we buy them in bulk. Is Michael Lett included in that lot?

Lett quit and is working in the coal mines.

I reckon they should go after a bloke called Taupo(I think that's how it's spelt) and Lafai.

Lafai had a strong game against the Sharkies, powerfull running.

Fingerbang

Bench
until proven different with a strategic signing i guess we agree to disagree..
i go on what i am seeing happening, not putting faith in what you assume they are doing...
when its announced Jennings has gone to another top 8 club and we missed yet another player then maybe you'll change your mind..
sorry to disappoint you Mr Red....but I don't want Jennings to sign for us either. If you honestly think the club is not planning on signing players to replace the retirees, you have no idea how a football club is run.

Father Ted

First Grade
As if Doust aren't looking to sign players to replace those retiring, moving on. I can't believe how many of you think they are just sitting there staring into space wondering what they should do....ffs.

Thats his hollywood look for when there's a camera about.

Think I might have to slit my wrists with you, grouch....:roll:

Gagai never looked like getting a run in firsts over Beale, and we signed him. You guys seem to want to sign everyone. As if Doust and Price aren't looking to sign players to replace those retiring, moving on. I can't believe how many of you think they are just sitting there staring into space wondering what they should do....ffs.

Agree. The "sign someone, anyone - please!!" mania on this forum is astounding. Fact is most good to very good players stay where they are. The ones that are being shopped around usually have issues.
I'm happy to see some measured signings, not panic signings. Leave those to Parra and the Rorters.

Mr Red

First Grade
sorry to disappoint you Mr Red....but I don't want Jennings to sign for us either. If you honestly think the club is not planning on signing players to replace the retirees, you have no idea how a football club is run.

like i said... i am basing my thoughts on what i have seen from the club since the end of 2011... not what i am hoping they are doing without any evidence of this..
if you are so confident that they have a plan to get a right centre, who do you think they are grooming for this role?
based on the assumption that they are going for a rookie in Green to fill the left centre role when cooper retires.

Fingerbang

Bench
Lett quit and is working in the coal mines.

I reckon they should go after a bloke called Taupo(I think that's how it's spelt) and Lafai.

Lafai had a strong game against the Sharkies, powerfull running.
And these are the guys who would be looking to get out because of all the names the Bulldogs are chasing. These are the junior Bulldogs they should be holding on to. Lafai and Taupo are going to be good players when given a regular firsts spot. I would be happy if Dragons tried to sign these 2....and Chad Townsend, or even Justin Hunt.....both of them are good goalkickers too, as well as Lafai.

Fingerbang

Bench
like i said... i am basing my thoughts on what i have seen from the club since the end of 2011... not what i am hoping they are doing without any evidence of this..
if you are so confident that they have a plan to get a right centre, who do you think they are grooming for this role?
based on the assumption that they are going for a rookie in Green to fill the left centre role when cooper retires.
I don't know who....but I know they aren't doing nothing, or not going to sign anyone, and just play with 12 men. And certain they aren't going to just use Prior there to fill in at right centre.