What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane hides behind 'They didn't want me' excuse for going to the Bunnies

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Honestly, I couldn't give 2 shits what the plebs think of the club purely based on us letting "our only rep player " walk out. We all know he is a winger at best and wasn't worth keeping at the $ he was apparently wanting, although seeing as we are now not spending enough of the cap (lol jeezus really) we may as well have upped our offer.

I like Dane personally, really great bloke, which makes this article even more disappointing to read. It's well known we offered him a good contract, $650k p/Y over 3 years or some such. Hard to swallow that the club pushed him out

rabbitohs95

Bench
He won't be playing fullback but I believe the priority will be centre.

Personally I hope he plays on the wing, he's dangerous there and along with Alex Johnston could form one of the better flank pairings in the comp.

I'm hoping Dane can adapt to a new environment and to be fair there are better players around him in 2018 than there were in 2017; he shouldn't have the pressure of being a senior player like he had when he was at Newcastle, but he will have the pressure of being a new signing so I guess they cancel each other out.

To be fair though he'll be running off the likes of Inglis, Walker and Sam Burgess so there's plenty of talent to run off.

I'm not getting overly excited mainly because like some have mentioned here, his best performances have been in Origin, but I don't think he'll flop. I'm hoping I'm right.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
He won't be playing fullback but I believe the priority will be centre.

Personally I hope he plays on the wing, he's dangerous there and along with Alex Johnston could form one of the better flank pairings in the comp.

I'm hoping Dane can adapt to a new environment and to be fair there are better players around him in 2018 than there were in 2017; he shouldn't have the pressure of being a senior player like he had when he was at Newcastle, but he will have the pressure of being a new signing so I guess they cancel each other out.

To be fair though he'll be running off the likes of Inglis, Walker and Sam Burgess so there's plenty of talent to run off.

I'm not getting overly excited mainly because like some have mentioned here, his best performances have been in Origin, but I don't think he'll flop. I'm hoping I'm right.

He also has the pressure of being a rep player too

If he plays anywhere but wing you'll be disappointed

Noname36

First Grade
Can the my friend Dane just piss off already???
What I heard is the my friend Dane wanted the deal done early on.. another 2 years on top of 2018.
When Brown didn’t come to the party early on the my friend Dane decides to put himself on the market.
By the time Brown did offer a deal to the my friend Dane he had already made up his mind about sigining with Soufffs.
Pretty much the same amount of money as Souffs so thank god we missed out!!

I don't think you're a strange little poster with an agenda anymore. Probably just a poorly educated and generally shit person...or child...from reading your posts you couldn't be any older than 15 surely.

Latest posts