What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Nielson signs 3 year deal with the Warriors

Lowdown

Juniors
You can certainly tell the folks on this site that pretend to know everything, yet are actually exposed as knowing nothing.

Dane Neilsen is one of, if not, the best defensive centre in the game. 1:1 he is almost impossible to beat.

His attack this year has been exceptional, as has his decision making - he's clearly improved on what was an average year by his standard.

People forget that the Storm were pretty average for most of 2009 when we played Joe Tomane on the wing. It wasn't until a young Dane Neilsen got a chance to replace Tomane, that the Storm plugged up their suspect defense out wide and stormed into the Grand Final.

A quality buy for the Warriors and a big loss for the Storm. Justin O'Neil may be more talented, but as we all know, talent gets you nowhere if you arent prepared to work hard, and Neilsen worked harder at his game than most.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
You can certainly tell the folks on this site that pretend to know everything, yet are actually exposed as knowing nothing.

Dane Neilsen is one of, if not, the best defensive centre in the game. 1:1 he is almost impossible to beat.

His attack this year has been exceptional, as has his decision making - he's clearly improved on what was an average year by his standard.

People forget that the Storm were pretty average for most of 2009 when we played Joe Tomane on the wing. It wasn't until a young Dane Neilsen got a chance to replace Tomane, that the Storm plugged up their suspect defense out wide and stormed into the Grand Final.

A quality buy for the Warriors and a big loss for the Storm. Justin O'Neil may be more talented, but as we all know, talent gets you nowhere if you arent prepared to work hard, and Neilsen worked harder at his game than most.

Dane Neilsen is why the Storm were so good in 09 ey?

Hutty1986

Immortal
In the Melbourne side over the years there have been some players who are so great they lift the performance of those around them to another level.

There are also those who are actually average, but when placed in the same team as the aforementioned great players, they look like world beaters.

Examples of the first kind - Cooper Cronk, Cam Smith, Billy Slater, Dallas Johnson, Greg Inglis

Examples of the second kind - Ben Cross, Michael Crocker, Adam Blair, and soon to be Dane Nielson

No way. Jake Webster was an immortal

Didgi

I'll probably get flamed but anyway, defensively solid or not, for mine the Storm have lost the worst (not that that means shit, by any stretch) of their 3/4 line. Nielsen will be handy for a while yet but Chambers, O'Neill and Duffie are all younger and more talented IMO.

Defence isn't a problem for the Storm, it is for the Warriors. Will be interesting to see if this changes that.

Big Pete

Referee
In the Melbourne side over the years there have been some players who are so great they lift the performance of those around them to another level.

There are also those who are actually average, but when placed in the same team as the aforementioned great players, they look like world beaters.

Examples of the first kind - Cooper Cronk, Cam Smith, Billy Slater, Dallas Johnson, Greg Inglis

Examples of the second kind - Ben Cross, Michael Crocker, Adam Blair, and soon to be Dane Nielson

Pretty much.

For every Nathan Friend, Jeremy Smith, Brett White & Aiden Tolman there's a David Kidwell, Jake Webster, Garret Crossman, Antonio Kaufusi & Steve Turner to stink things up.

Dr_Deez

Juniors
I would of thought the Warriors would take a Broncos approach. They have sooooo many young guns coming through - particularly in the backs.

Why the need to sign anyone in Australia right now is beyond me.

We have good centres coming thru, but we lack experience and Ropati is not up to it anymore, yet he is solid at fullback minus the speed. Great signing for Warriors. Just wish we didn't sign Leuluai and went after an experienced 5/8 to partner SJ with Maloney gone. Hopefully Neilson leaving the storm opens the Door more Mahe Fonau, deserves his shot.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Thats OK,you got Gallen because Parra said he was too small and wouldn't make it.

That actually makes me feel better.

Ironic Paul debuted against Parramatta.

On topic, always had potential, has matured well, astute buy.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He's OK.

Anyone who plays in a team with two of the greatest players of all time at their peak is going to look much better than that though.

Power to him, but as mentioned,I find it a strange signing.

Evenflow

Bench
Justin O'Neill re-signed with the Storm for a further 2 years.

When i heard Danger was going i was pretty confident we'd re-sign O'Neill. He was clearly the main priority out of the two so it looks like it panned out the way the club wanted. As for Neilsen he will be missed for sure, he's been a great player for the Storm and i'm sure all supporters would wish him all the best. While plenty have left the Storm and turned to shit at other clubs i reckon he'll more than hold his own with the Warriors.

On a side note it was also great to hear we signed re-signed Tohu Harris as well, will be a great player.

Meth

Staff member
Great signing. The Vulcans will be ecstatic to have found Inu's replacement.

LESStar58

Referee
With Oneill signed he'll be locked in to the centres with Chambers who has two years after this one? At least we'll have some continuity in the centres.

Raider_69

Post Whore
classic storm system player, like many other storm outside backs before him
looks good in a system that makes him look good, will go to the warriors be ok but never to the level he was with Smith, Cronk and Slater feeding him

Hoggy

Bench
Has improved out of sight. Reliable as they come.

Was on the cards though given the depth we have in the centre-3/4's though.

Hopefully we can re-sign Manu now...I also love having Bobby Blair in the centres...he has ridiculously good defensive play.

beefstew

Juniors
Great signing. The Vulcans will be ecstatic to have found Inu's replacement.

:lol::lol: yup.....at least our injury cover at center will know how to defend at center. The Vulcans will have at
least one player who can tackle.

blain

Juniors
We need a guy like this to shore up our defence out wide, its been shit for seasons. And with Luck going, defence will be our biggest weakness in seasons coming up, we have attack all across the park.