What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Alvaro

This Year?

Immortal
If only the Roosters would release Taukieaho or the Storm would release Asofa-Solomona.

At least we have 2 Italian stallions now.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Latimore is the goat who made Cam taste his own man ovaries.
What has Alvaro done lately besides sign with the best rugby league club in the multiverse? I bet he's never sat on the back of a motorcycle to make it to a game!

he hasn’t signed for Melbourne...

denis preston

First Grade
Not the sort of caliber of player I want us to be signing. But I’m assuming he came cheap. Not much difference between him and Korbin Sims and he’s probably on half the coin.
Yes , probably money ball in action but it sure beats paying 800k for a dud.He will be motivated for the opportunity so lets hope he is as fit as a fiddle and it works out.

This Year?

Immortal
he hasn’t signed for Melbourne...
pffft. Winning comps, salary cap cheating, unsportsmanlike tactics and psychotic coaches are for loser clubs. They can shove their trophies, finals appearances and the tongues of the media where the sun don't shine.
Yes, Alvaro has big shoes to fill to prove to us all that he is a "good bloke "
LOL. Our last signing from the Eels was a complete dud. Let's just hope this one turns out well.

BLM01

First Grade

chiefy1

Juniors
As an eels fan, I've kept an eye on Alvaro since his debut. Honest toiler, but the new faster rules don't suit him. Maybe he'll do better in your system.

getsmarty

Immortal
alvarod-17031206.jpg

SIGNINGS

Dragons sign Daniel Alvaro
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 17 Dec 2020, 10:57 AM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra have signed Parramatta Eels front-rower Daniel Alvaro for the next two seasons, until at least the end of the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

The Italian international made his first grade debut in 2015 and has played 95 NRL games to date, including a six-game loan spell at the New Zealand Warriors last season.

The Mittagong Lions junior also won the Ken Thornett Medal as the Eels' Player of the Year in 2018.

Three spots now remain in the Dragons' Top 30 for the 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership season following the signing of the former Country Origin representative Alvaro.

"Daniel has shown his competitiveness and capabilities as a first grade player over the past six years and we're excited to see how he complements our squad," General manager of football Ben Haran said.

"Head coach Anthony Griffin oversaw Daniel's development in the Under-20s during their time at the Brisbane Broncos together.

"Their long-standing relationship can only be a positive and will certainly help Daniel settle into his new surroundings over the remainder of our pre-season."

Alvaro's arrival follows the signing of Jack Bird and Poasa Faamausili and the retention of Mat and Max Feagai, Josh Kerr, Jackson Ford, Mikaele Ravalawa, Adam Clune, Junior Amone and Tyrell Sloan ahead of the Dragons' 2021 campaign.

Be in that number in 2021. Become a Red V member today. For more information on membership, please visit: dragons.com.au/membership. Have any questions? Check our membership FAQs or contact us via 1300 DRAGON (1300 372 466) during business hours, or email redv@dragons.com.au.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/12/17/dragons-sign-daniel-alvaro/

jeffdragon

Bench
As an eels fan, I've kept an eye on Alvaro since his debut. Honest toiler, but the new faster rules don't suit him. Maybe he'll do better in your system.
You have kept and eye on him.
Are you sure?
The new rules don't suit a lot of players
You just don't like him cause he's not at parra mik.

goldiesaintz

Juniors

The last 'star from Para was about as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike so if Alvaro can do up his shoelaces, know what a football looks like and can run forward, he'll be a dam side better than Norman.

Latest posts