What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Son, Player of the Year?

antonius

Coach
Chances of Daniel Abraham winning the player’s player for the year look good. In a lift out in today’s local paper, the players were asked to name the player of the year, just about all of them nominated Daniel Son. Just goes to show what hard work can do, he was sent back to Macquarie in the local comp a couple of years ago, but he put his head down, worked hard, and has become a vital member of the team, and he’s done it all very quietly, no histrionics, or fanfares, just puts in every week. Good on him, he IMO typifies all that I like about our team.

MC DUI

Juniors
antonius said:
Chances of Daniel Abraham winning the player’s player for the year look good. In a lift out in today’s local paper, the players were asked to name the player of the year, just about all of them nominated Daniel Son. Just goes to show what hard work can do, he was sent back to Macquarie in the local comp a couple of years ago, but he put his head down, worked hard, and has become a vital member of the team, and he’s done it all very quietly, no histrionics, or fanfares, just puts in every week. Good on him, he IMO typifies all that I like about our team.

IMO Danny Buderus has been our best player. :D
But Daniel Abraham has been killing it as well I rate him just behind Danny. :D

Faranah

Juniors
I have to agree with u...Abes has been awesome all year...he really deserves credit for his effort this season!

knightsgal85

Juniors
That's pleasing to hear.

If Daniel Abraham does claim such a prestigious award, it will just go to show how hard work & determination leads to individual success, & will reinforce how he has become such a fundamental & essential component to our team. It is no surprise at all that he has been recognised as one of the main contenders for this award by the majority of the players. I hope he continues with his brilliant performances, as do the rest of our team come tomorrow night, and hopefully further into this year's finals series, & in the seasons ahead.

~knights~

Juniors
Abes has had a great year and has played in every knights game this season.

Bedsey wouldn't be far behind him.MOM for mine last week against the cowboys.

Up_Da_Knights

Juniors
he IMO typifies all that I like about our team.

I would have to agree with you there. He definately deserves it if he does get the award. I think hes been our best player all year by far, very consistent, proved himself to be a very good kicker and is absolutely IMO vital to the team!!

Jedda

Juniors
Abes does all the little things right. As others have mentioned without fanfare or getting a big head about it.

He puts in a solid and consistant effort every game and I've even caught him reving up the other players when they've been getting tired a few times.

If he keeps this up I can see him developing into a future Rep player and possible Knights Captain.

Some of his tackles this year (when others have fallen off but Daniel has held on for grim death, or he has put in the extra effort to chase and catch the attacking player) have been brilliant. Usually when a break is made by the opposition you'll find its Abes that gives chase and while he may not always stop a try from being scored the fact that he's chased makes the attacker think twice about trying to score closer to the posts. (does this make sense?) :?

Definately deserving of the award this year IMO.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Going by what the players said Abes will get it.... which is great to see as he has improved alot and he does deserve it.

Latest posts