What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny gets no downgrade.

B-dos

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Do you agree that it was a bit silly by Danny not contesting the Bowen "slap". That is where he failed. That is why he is looking at 6 weeks now. The other issue I have is should finals matches be weighted. Look most people realise that a finals match is a important match, so could we have a argument to "weight" a finals match. So a normal 2 week suspension= 1 finals match, etc. What do you think of that?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Lets not forget were playing for fourth place on the ladder at that time. We needed him to play. It simply highlights the problem with the system. The whole early guilty plea idea is a joke.

Weighting finals matches seems like a valid idea to me. Its quite obvious they are more important than a regular match and mean much much more to the player, the team and the fans.

Burwood

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Do you agree that it was a bit silly by Danny not contesting the Bowen "slap". That is where he failed.

Of course, but like Danny and everyone else, he mistakingly thought that it wouldn't be an issue down the track. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
The other issue I have is should finals matches be weighted. Look most people realise that a finals match is a important match, so could we have a argument to "weight" a finals match. So a normal 2 week suspension= 1 finals match, etc. What do you think of that?

A match is a match- I don't think that finals should be weighted any differently to other games throughout the year. I guess you could also argue that trial matches shouldn't be counted towards a suspension, but they are.

Same I am against finals counting as extra.

Players know the ramifications if they do the wrong thing and the penalty should be the same wether its R1 or week 3 of the finals.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Sir Knight82 said:
Makes you think about our players taking the early guilty plea for nothing charges in the future aye?
It definatly does. But it shouldn't have been sited at all. It didn't look any different to Smith's last week and he didn't get sited for it.

Another huge gripe I have is ex players doing it..... Lacks proffessionalism, personally it should either be current ref's or retired ref's and preferably the same ones week out so atleast there is hope of consistancy.

El Diablo

Post Whore
B-dos said:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Lets not forget were playing for fourth place on the ladder at that time. We needed him to play. It simply highlights the problem with the system. The whole early guilty plea idea is a joke.

Weighting finals matches seems like a valid idea to me. Its quite obvious they are more important than a regular match and mean much much more to the player, the team and the fans.

players have been getting suspended in finals for years.

Ricketson missed the GF because of suspension. did you care then?

B-dos

Referee
The fact is suspending a player for a finals much is a MUCH greater penalty to the player, the team and the fans than suspending them for a regular season game.

That logic sugests weighting could be applied as the penalty is clearly harsher.

Burwood

Bench
B-dos said:
Lets not forget were playing for fourth place on the ladder at that time. We needed him to play.

He was looking at a base penalty of 75 points so how would have been playing regardless.

But seriously, why do we need to have 15 different gradings when it comes to dangerous tackles? When was the last time that a player got done for a grade 5 intentional tackle? Or when does a grade 5 careless tackle become a grade 1 reckless? They need to look at using a KISS system.

B-dos

Referee
El Diablo said:
players have been getting suspended in finals for years.

Ricketson missed the GF because of suspension. did you care then?

haha,, no of course i didnt! Point taken. Hey, im a one eyed knights supporter.

Burwood

Bench
Sir Knight82 said:
KISS system?

Keep It Simple Stupid :D

15 gradings for dangerous tackles is ridiculous, along with other charges such as offensive language, disputing a referee's decision, 5 grades of kicking and another 5 for tripping.

It is virtually impossible for the judiciary to be consistent when there are so many possible charges.