What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny McGuire

nqboy

First Grade
How would McGuire go at fullback, with a licence to wander and support as he saw fit?

Wellens is safe but slow as a wet week. This would allow the Poms to leave Pryce at 5/8 (their best option there) and still play McGuire.

salivor

First Grade
McGuire is definitely a myth, every time I watch him play for Leeds or GB I just have to scratch my head and ask where the hype comes from, more over-rated than Anasta.

screeny

Bench
salivor said:
McGuire is definitely a myth, every time I watch him play for Leeds or GB I just have to scratch my head and ask where the hype comes from, more over-rated than Anasta.

Me too. McGuire is a product of a combination of (i) Hemmings' spunking himself everytime McGuire scores, while saying 'brilliant!!!' even though more often than not McGuire simply suports or runs through holes worked open by Leeds more often than not superior/dominant forwards, and (ii) the generally poor standards of SL defences which allow slightly above average athletes/readers of the game to score a huge amount of tries.

More of a mirage than a myth.

HUDDERSFIELDUK

Juniors
my team 4 next week would be

1 wellens
2 carney - if fit
3 gleeson or senior
4 yeaman
5 raynor
6 pryce
7 long - last chace at test level for him i feel
8 morley
9 newton
10 peacock
11 hock
12 ellis
13 o loughlin

14 fielden
15 roby
16 gilmour
17 burrow - deserves a chance

id bring burrow and roby on around 20-25 mins,any team would struggle to handle them both fresh from the bench.

Latest posts