What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Nutley

LESStar58

Referee
After last nite I say Webb off the bench and into the front row with Nutley on the bench. I think there was talk of Thorn to the front row and Webb to the 2nd row with either Nutley or Tronc on the bench. There was talk of maybe bringing Dallas Johnson on the bench which would make sense to me cos defense wins Origin and Dallas is a tackling machine and I don't see the point of flooding the bench with front rowers. Unfortunately Dallas will miss the Tigers game and the Warriors game next week through a copybook tackle on that cat Lance Thompson.

Dalls could handle it but I don't think he'll make it...isn't Carroll due back soon?

BWNB

First Grade
nutts made 36 tackles and 12 hitups @ 114meters
why wouldn't QLD select him?

Striker

Juniors
It is really hard to say who will get the nod. I know Ben Ross played well when he came on for QLD in game 1, He will probably start with Civinociva. Thorn will probably miss origin 2 so webb and crocker will start in the back row with smith hooker and carroll lock. Leaving Flannery and another prop on the bench. Nutley has seemed to clean up his act a lot he used to give away way too many penalties and he has definately got the right determination for origin. On the other hand Tronc has the size that QLD may want to inject in the game and he made a few massive runs last night against the sharks that the selectors will have fresh in their minds, ironically against his biggest competitor for the spot.

Bomber

Bench
Very selective, cronulla_sharksfan123 - Nutley also made five mistakes, according to the NRL stats.

Tronc's statistics were comparable to Nutley's, considering the weight of possession the Cowboys had, and the time that he had on the field. As documented by Azkarto in the Cowboys forum, Tronc makes more tackles, more hit-ups and more tackles than any other player for North Qld whilst he is on the field. Personally I don't think he's quite ready but if selected he'd do a great job.

After just hearing that Carroll is injured again, there is a miniscule possibility that they both may be selected. We'll know this time tomorrow either way.

fatshark

Bench
Nutley makes a HEAP of hitups, all about 3 and a half inches each. He also is an expert at the Luke Bailey - ie Flop On Nutley. He just jumps on at the end of tackles.
you idiot paullypoof
Nutley charges onto the ball like theres no tommorow. But gets hammered every time. He is way too soft.

Soft?
turned your forwards into marshmellows...