What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Nutley

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
I've missed the last two sharks games on tv but i've checked the stats and danny nutley's numbers are extremely low. last year he averaged around 35 odd tackles a game and about 20 odd hitups (that may a bit of an exaggeration) but in the last two games he's done jack sh*t. Has his role in the team changed with the new coach or is he just playing bad?

Booyah

Bench
Karmichael Hunt said:
I've missed the last two sharks games on tv but i've checked the stats and danny nutley's numbers are extremely low. last year he averaged around 35 odd tackles a game and about 20 odd hitups (that may a bit of an exaggeration) but in the last two games he's done jack sh*t. Has his role in the team changed with the new coach or is he just playing bad?

He's playing Injured.

That's the only thing I can think of.

He copped a cork in the first round, and has been playing with it since.

It's pissing me off too, because he isn't getting me any forward tries in VNRL, the cheap prick.

Aries

Bench
Vote 1 D. Nutley in Survivour...

He deserves it. He's a numbscull at times. Between his big fat taped up thigh and his dumbarsed penalties, he should be the next one on the first boat out of there!!

Sure, he does some good things, but they are far out weighed by his I'll discipline. Discipline is the main thing they should consentrate on all week and this weekend. Nuts still thinks CA is coaching him!!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Was our best forward last year by a mile....remember? :shock:

Although that doesnt count much....he's on borrowed time the way he's playing.

No PL foward to replace him ATM either, he'll play far more games at front row than is needed IMHO...

Given his record

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I believe he has not spent as much time on the field, as he did on average last year, hence the stats are down.
His discipline needs adjusting. For mine he should play prop only.
Actually Nutley is a good challenge for Raper, he has been giving away silly penalities for years, Stuey can either correct it, cut him because cannot help himself or put up with it.
I watch with interest.

Special K

Coach
Bickerstaff :? . His way to soft.

How about we trade you Nutley for Karmichael Hunt?

Bring on Newton if nuts is there on not.

Bickers was one of our best forwards in 2002, I think it's another interesting challenge whether or not Rapes can bring him back up to the standards where he is achieving his best, week in week out.

The Popper

Bench
I believe Nutley's strength is his impact off the bench. IMO he doesn't seem to have the same devastating effect in the run on side.

RICHO

Juniors
Nutley is the king of the flop! He's always the bloke that joins in a tackle thats almost completed. Last year they credited him with a tackle for doing that, maybe they've woken up to it this year?

Don't get me wrong though, he does get through a lot of work.

Macca

Coach
Jon Green is the answer. The last 2 PL games he has been outstanding whilst on the field. He should get a crack IMO. Hard running, hard hitting & and throws a pass. Similar style to Stevo.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am a Green fan.
I would still have Dan is the 17, he has been one of our better forwards in the last few years.

Macca

Coach
I'd drop Isemonger and Nutley for Green and R Williams. Just my opinion. I think they offer more discipline, are hardass defenders and good runners of the footy.

drratoxic

Juniors
I have not seen anything of this Jon Green. What is his preferred position?? Is he a big guy???. If he's playing well in PL maybe he should be given a shot. I agree Nutley is a worker but he gives away far to many penalties. I'm sick of watching us hold a team for 4 tackles inside their 30. Then Nutley makes some stupid tackle and the opposition has a full set of six 30 out from our line. He will cost us alot of wins indirectly if he doesn't pull himself up. With any luck he'll get suspended soon :D

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Jon Green
Position Front Row
Date Of Birth 16/07/1985
Height 191cm
Weight 106kg
Birthplace Southport, QLD
Junior Club Beenleigh (Qld), South Perth (WA)
Previous Club

Personal Young giant who was discovered playing in Perth before making the move to Sydney and the Sharks. His mum looks after the Sharks ‘house’ for young players brought to the club from outside the area.

In 2004: A good judge at the Sharks has predicted Green will play first grade at some stage in 2004. Still growing, still learning the game and only 18 years of age, Green has a big future.

Source www.sharks.com.au
URL
http://203.43.246.211:8080/football/players/jon_green.htm?1735861

I am keen to see this guy get a run, he is young, but good enough.