What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Wicks Fan Club

Gene Krupa

Referee
Some of his hit-ups look like they are in slow motion but I'm optimistic that he will develop into a great player for the Knights!

I likey the lad!

Spongecake is dead, arise sir creampuff!

Jono078

Referee
I loved his try, for the big man to pick up that ball!

His runs were ok, as Pieman said, he looked a little slow, but he done well enough.

I want to see some of those huge runs he had in his debut season though :)

Run hard and fast and then he'll find himself atleast 30m down the field.

Big Tim

First Grade
Pieman said:
Some of his hit-ups look like they are in slow motion but I'm optimistic that he will develop into a great player for the Knights!

I likey the lad!

Spongecake is dead, arise sir creampuff!

If one of those little players gets around his legs he is in trouble, but if he can hit 2 standing defenders he always seemed to drive through them.

Changed the structure of the game IMO...... Vuna was trying to get him to do a backflip at the end of the game for the Crusade.... but he looked a little bit embarassed.

Yosh

Coach
He is my new Josh Perry, why do I always fall in love with the fat guys? WHY!!!

Rusty

Juniors
I was waiting for the back flip after his try! He seems a bit of a larrikin which is good, we need more of these in the game.

keeney

First Grade
I'm glad Perry seems to have found a home somewhere else. I'll always have a soft spot for him, but Wicks gave an impact last night that Perry hadn't since 04. I'll reserve judgement because the pain of unmet expectations from the last fatman in my life still hurts too much. BUt atm I'm optimistic about Wicks.

Whats Doing

Bench
I thought his most outstanding effort was when he packed into the scrum as hooker and Buderus was 5/8 in the second half. How our front rowers didn't collapse beats me.! :crazy:

macavity

Referee
would like to add that Fa'aoso was fantastic as well.

early days, but we should be confident smith has done another smithy, and turned discards into stars.... again.

apologies to Hilder from me too - played very well.

now keep it up boys... :fist:

Pumba

First Grade
I told Wicks after the game he was a "f**king Machine" and he seemed embarrassed would of loved a backflip though :crazy:.

PrideKnight

Bench
Yosh said:
He is my new Josh Perry, why do I always fall in love with the fat guys? WHY!!!

The term in "the scene" is chubby chaser, unless your a tubbo yourself, in which case you could be a bear or a cub, depending on your age ;)

More of the same, happy how well everyone on debut for us went, and hoping for backflips in the future

perverse

Referee
every time wicks came on the field we scored, and stopped leaking points.

enough said really.. his impact was excellent and the defensive line looked genuinely intimidated by him. i was immensely impressed.

Wk.2 and the fan club is still raving.

Loved that get square on stewart. He really ironed him out.
Danny might need to work on his sledging though...
Wicks: "that last scrum (Perry) called me 'fatso', and I said 'Look who's talking' (NH 24/3/08)"

Hanscholo

Bench
I thought he was great against Manly too, at times they had 3 and 4 in a tackle on him and he was driving forward, that has to be good for the next ruck. He got into Perry's head too, which i admit isnt that hard to do but its been a while since i have seen him do something that stupid.

IMO he will be a target now for other sides, but I don’t think he's the type of bloke that will really mind that at all.

I hope he just keeps lifting his game.

When Cross comes back they will make a dynamic duo to say the least.

Jono078

Referee
Lol, he seems to go better when someone starts with him!

Stewart got him, he had a look before playing the ball..

Next run he had he absolutely steam rolled Stewart.

Then Perry got him fired up and he didnt take a backward step, even after the monsterous collison from the kickoff return.

I hope Fuifui or someone fires him up on Friday :D

Latest posts