What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Williams: Judgement Night

cadburys

Juniors
Mr post traumatic amnesia himself :^o :^o :^o faces his demons tonight.

Will this be a case of the inevitable or a rort .

He should get what's coming to him, but i'll remain tightlipped and cautious
about the outcome.

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

HOT028

Juniors
i will be happy with 10 weeks. it was a cheap shot and it gave me the sh!ts but i do not think it should ruin his chances of a contract in england.

j_tig

Juniors
whether this is his final season or not should make NO DIFFERENCE!!!! he should get 10 weeks iff the judiciary feels its worth that or 18 weeks or whatever it deserves. all this talk about him ruining his career with a big suspension just sh!ts me! give him the full punishment regardless of what he ends up dong at the end of the season

innsaneink

Referee
Im worried about the delay....a lot of people wouldve forgotten it....I hope they dont use the adjournment as an excuse to give him a pissy few weeks and a slap on the wrist.
It wouldnt surprise me

innsaneink

Referee
NRL call in amnesia expert
By Dean Ritchie
August 4, 2004

A NEUROLOGIST renowned as a world expert in sports medicine will tonight join the NRL's case to have Melbourne's Danny Williams suspended for up to 18 matches.

Dr Paul McCrory will be asked by NRL counsel Peter Kite to help dispel the controversial theory Williams had post-traumatic amnesia when he king-hit Wests Tigers player Mark O'Neill in round 19.

Williams' striking case was adjourned two weeks ago.

Most anticipate tonight's high-profile hearing before panel members Ian Roberts, Bob Lindner and Royce Ayliffe to be a medical battle.

Dr Nathan Gibbs initially told the panel that post-traumatic amnesia might have affected Williams' judgment.

Gibbs is not expected to give further evidence tonight but he will attend the hearing.

McCrory is likely to be asked whether post-traumatic amnesia is possible or probable.

One doctor told The Daily Telegraph that only Williams, 29, would know whether he sustained the condition.

The doctor said it would come down to whether the panel accepted the evidence of Gibbs or McCrory.

"No one will really know except Danny," the doctor said.

"But it should be remembered that all three panel members are former first graders who I am sure would have been concussed during their careers and perhaps had post-traumatic amnesia."

Melbourne-based McCrory refused to discuss the case when contacted yesterday.

McCrory is currently head of the Department of Sports Medicine at the University of Melbourne and editor of the British Journal of Sports Medicine.

His biographical details include years of experience providing medical care for concussed athletes and developing evidence-based guidelines for their safe return to play.

Judiciary chairman Greg Woods postponed the initial hearing to give Kite more time to obtain background on post-traumatic amnesia.

"I think everyone is looking forward to this case being resolved," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

O'Neill struck Williams high in a tackle, for which he was found guilty at the judiciary, moments before the king-hit.

Tigerpete

Juniors
I think you'll find he'll go for the maximum, Williams and the storm are clutching at short straws with their post amnesia claims, if it were true, wouldnt he've just hit Skandalis who was right in front of him? In other words he knew what he was doing.

I dont think there's sufficient evidence to support williams and anything less than the 16-18 weeks would be a joke because at the end of the day nothing excuses what he did.

Wrighty79

Juniors
8 weeks suspension. As he's missed the last 2 due to the adjournment, he'll miss the next 6 games, enabling him to play in the second week of the finals should the Storm make it that far.

eelsta

Bench
hope he doesnt forget how to get there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: