What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Williams refuses drug test

Ubsy

Juniors
Danny "King Hit" Williams has refused to take a drug test in england.
Hearing to be heard March 9.
All I can say, is that they should of banned him for life in the first place.
Hopefully they will add to his current suspension and the london broncos tear up his contract.
He is a cat anyway.

bulldog

Bench
Talk about a heart attack, I wish you had put D. Williams or Maggot Williams in the title, I thought it might be SBW for a second.

Dog-E

Juniors
Hmmmm, must have been on the memory enhancing drugs after being so VICIOUSLY assualted by Mark O'Neil....Yeah, that'd be it! A fine upstanding fella like Danny Williams wouldn't take drugs - displays not the slightest tendencies towards roid rage....and never has.

Fine fellow.

:shock:

ozbash

Referee
Ubsy said:
Danny "King Hit" Williams has refused to take a drug test in england.
Hearing to be heard March 9.
All I can say, is that they should of banned him for life in the first place.
Hopefully they will add to his current suspension and the london broncos tear up his contract.
He is a cat anyway.

thats a pretty big claim ubsy,, you got a source ?

Kaz

junior
Here is a link

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200502/s1312214.htm

Williams in drug test controversy
Disgraced former Melbourne Storm forward Danny Williams is in more trouble after allegedly refusing to take a drugs test in.

Williams has been signed by English Super League side London Broncos while he serves an 18-match ban for a king hit on Tigers forward Mark O'Neill in Sydney last year.

The 30-year-old has been charged by the English Rugby Football League with refusing to undertake a drugs test, with the case to be heard next week.

Williams is not able to play for London until his NRL ban expires at Easter.

I also added Danny to the thread title. :D

Mighty Tiger

Bench
ozbash said:
thats a pretty big claim ubsy,, you got a source ?

It was in the tele this morning and on foxsports

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12394372-23214,00.html

Williams in new drugs strife
By Ian Laybourne
February 28, 2005

DANNY Williams, serving an 18-match suspension from his spell with Melbourne Storm, is facing more trouble after allegedly refusing to take a drugs test.

The 30-year-old, who represented Ireland in the 2000 World Cup, signed a 12-month contract with the London Broncos in December but is not eligible to play for them until his ban – imposed for striking an opponent – expires at Easter.

Williams has been charged by the Rugby Football League with refusing to undertake a drugs test and will have his case heard in Leeds on March 9.

That is also the date set for the hearing involving Bradford Bulls' former England hooker, Ryan Hudson, who has been charged with providing a sample containing the banned substance stanozolol.

The 25-year-old, who joined the Bulls from relegated Castleford at the end of last season, has been suspended indefinitely by his new club.

The league's advisory panel will also hear a case involving Ged Corcoran, of National League club Halifax, who has been charged with providing a sample containing ephedrine.

Hoggy

Bench
Kaz said:
Here is a link

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200502/s1312214.htm

Williams in drug test controversy
Disgraced former Melbourne Storm forward Danny Williams is in more trouble after allegedly refusing to take a drugs test in.

Williams has been signed by English Super League side London Broncos while he serves an 18-match ban for a king hit on Tigers forward Mark O'Neill in Sydney last year.

The 30-year-old has been charged by the English Rugby Football League with refusing to undertake a drugs test, with the case to be heard next week.

Williams is not able to play for London until his NRL ban expires at Easter.

I also added Danny to the thread title. :D

Spot the key word.

Darth Bobo

What reason would anyone, with nothing to hide, refuse a drug test? Could it be like Maty Bella from a few years back where he just didnt need to go?

Seriously though, does anyone know the difference for suspensions in refusing to take a drug test and actually testing positive? I figure the minimum for refusing a test should equal the maximum you can get so with the worst case scenario you are always better off having one.

brook

First Grade
there aren't many valid reasons I can think of for an athlete to refuse a drug test

aids

Bench
UK Tester: Mr. Williams, we will need to conduct a drug test
Danny: ummm...sure, i don't smoke no reefer.
UK Tester: sure, however HGH and anabolic steroids are also classed as drug.
Danny: ohhhhhhh......i can't remember how to piss, can we do this later.

Danny then runs out the room, knokcing over many specimen containers on the way shouting on the way out..."i didn't do it.."

Razor

Coach
Seriously though, does anyone know the difference for suspensions in refusing to take a drug test and actually testing positive?

The same. But they're less likely to be suspended for the maximum if they refuse.

Some sports like athletics do give the maximum for refusing tests. Which is why ages ago when Marion Jones refused to give a drug test she got a 2-year ban (that's when she had her foray into basketball)

shadow grinder

First Grade
aids said:
UK Tester: Mr. Williams, we will need to conduct a drug test
Danny: ummm...sure, i don't smoke no reefer.
UK Tester: sure, however HGH and anabolic steroids are also classed as drug.
Danny: ohhhhhhh......i can't remember how to piss, can we do this later.

Danny then runs out the room, knokcing over many specimen containers on the way shouting on the way out..."i didn't do it.."

ha?

Glen

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Glen said:

ohh dear, now thats a stupid thing to say without source or back up.
He refused the blood test, he MUST be a drug cheat :roll:
Geez, no need to get worked up over what was obviously a wise crack.

I don't know why my reply was deleted but other similar ones haven't been touched.