What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Williams refuses drug test

Grantwhy

Juniors
aids said:
UK Tester: Mr. Williams, we will need to conduct a drug test
Danny: ummm...sure, i don't smoke no reefer.
UK Tester: sure, however HGH and anabolic steroids are also classed as drug.
Danny: ohhhhhhh......i can't remember how to piss, can we do this later.

Danny then runs out the room, knokcing over many specimen containers on the way shouting on the way out..."i didn't do it.."

or something like

"We're here to do a drugs test Mr Williams"

"Oh get [expletive] .... i don't get to [expletive] play for another [expletive] X months and you can [expletive] take your test and [anatomically impossible]."

maybe :p

Considering most sporting bodies treat a refusal as about the same as a positive result refusing to do a test is a pretty dumb thing.

I wonder however, if the maximum ban (in the UK) for refusing a test is less than his current suspension?

C.P

Juniors
Williams aint the sharpest tool in the shed we all know that one.
On the topic of bans for refusing a test in the UK last year Rio Ferdinand the Man United player was suspended for 8 months for FORGETTING to turn up to the test, the maximum allowable under the charge was 2 years i think. So if ESL follow a similar set of penalties, KO Williams might find himself on the sidelines for a lot longer regardless of the circumstances of his refusal.

Ubsy

Juniors
I can only hope that the ESL gives him the maximum and we never see this dope playing again.

bulldog

Bench
If he does get suspended will the ESL suspension be served after his current one expires, or can he serve them concurrently since different bodies administer the two leagues?

choisir

Juniors
Thunderstruck said:
how is he not registered? Isn't he contracted as a player to the broncos?

he has not signed a contract with the Bronco's ,they will sign him when his suspension is completed

brook

First Grade
choisir said:
Thunderstruck said:

he has not signed a contract with the Bronco's ,they will sign him when his suspension is completed

how can his suspension be completed if he's not signed?
he can't claim to be missing games for a club he's not contracted to

Grantwhy

Juniors
brook said:
choisir said:
Thunderstruck said:

Because it's not a "X number of games" suspension. It a "X number of months"?

innsaneink

Referee
Grantwhy said:
brook said:
choisir said:
Thunderstruck said:

Because it's not a "X number of games" suspension. It a "X number of months"?

No.....he copped 18 matches.

Grantwhy

Juniors
innsaneink said:
No.....he copped 18 matches.

oops :oops:

i think i got that mixed up with suspensions for drug related offences which aren't based on number of games?

in that case, Williams is in deep trouble.

PTB

Juniors
Williams Cleared
For all you so keen to play judge and jury:

London Broncos forward Danny Williams whas been found not guilty of refusing to provide a sample at a drugs test....

...There was no reason not to accept the evidence of Danny Williams and his representative that it was not being treated as a serious offence but as an administrative error.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Apparantly he wasn't told about the test.

I hope he goes well for London. Someone needs to give Terry Newton of Wigan a beating, and this man might be that man.

Go Danny!

Foz

Bench
Is he going to take another test or have they done it and he's passed it?

Beats me how he doesn't know he has to take a test.

In this day and age an admin error should be cleared up within an hour.

Maybe they don't have telephones,faxes or email in England.

Forgetting who the player is it leaves him open for doubts about his guilt.
He has been proven innocent but it should have been done well over a week ago not now.

Waiting for All those Comunists who had a mix up court system called "Guilty till proven inocent"

Now Say Sorry!!! or are you going to be cowards

[furrycat]

Coach
IIIII would walk 500 miles and iiiiiii would walk 500 more just to beeeee the man who walks a 1000 miiiles

innsaneink

Referee
The 30-year-old Williams, who represented Ireland in the 2000 World Cup, was charged with failing to provide a sample when requested by doping control officers on December 10, 2004.

First we all heard of this was the end of February.?????????

Youd think its happened recently....you'd think its happened when hes under contract.......not at the beginning of last december.

:lol: Blind Melbourne fools still suppoting the maggot...your all no better.

innsaneink said:
The 30-year-old Williams, who represented Ireland in the 2000 World Cup, was charged with failing to provide a sample when requested by doping control officers on December 10, 2004.

First we all heard of this was the end of February.?????????

Youd think its happened recently....you'd think its happened when hes under contract.......not at the beginning of last december.

:lol: Blind Melbourne fools still suppoting the maggot...your all no better.

How Mr Scrooge going, Insane ?

Latest posts