What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Williams

Doctor

Bench
It sets a powerful precedent if Williams escapes a portion of his deserved penalty simply because he was concussed.

I would suggest that with all the knocks that rugby league players cop in every match, they could all plead innocence on that grounds in the future, if this decision is allowed to be affected by such medical grounds. Just about every prop in the game is concussed by the end of the match -- will such medical evidence be taken into account if a player head-highs someone else, or even king-hits them?

Just like the "he was too drunk to know what he was doing" argument in criminal court procedings, any such decision that factors in the concussion of a player will be to the detriment of the judiciary. The system is already flawed without the judiciary complicating things.

misty

Juniors
His doctor said he was suffering from POST TRAUMATIC AMNIESIA :lol: :lol: as he doesn't remember the assult :roll:

Kaz

junior
Gooba said:
its a joke... to be able to king hit someone like that u couldnt of been concused

They showed it on Foxtel last night in slow motion.

Technically is was not a king hit, first point of contact was the shoulder & O'Neill had turned his head & could have seen the fist coming.

I am NOT defending him, I think he should be suspended for a long time.

Just stating it was not a King Hit as what has been reported.

~bedsy~

First Grade
misty said:
His doctor said he was suffering from POST TRAUMATIC AMNIESIA :lol: :lol: as he doesn't remember the assult :roll:
I read that this morning.
Pretty poor of the NRL to believe this if you ask me.

Kaz

junior
bedsy said:
misty said:

It has nothing to do with the NRL.

lox mcleod

Juniors
I blame it all on that Reg Regan character. Some players have simply answered his call for "bring back the biff"

play hard but play FAIR!

lox mcleod

Juniors
reg reagan is a fictional character i got my last post wrong danny williams should go but if he wants to go to england he should be aloud

eddo

Juniors
misty said:

as was said in the Newc Herald...
If he had amnesia - how did he know which guy to hit. :lol:

misty

Juniors
If one of our players have a brain snap and mugs another player THEN we can use that as his defence :lol:
Bennett was on the telly the other night and he said it can happen HE HAS HAD IT :shock: he said he has played a WHOLEGAME and not remember much about it, I suppose when their heads clash or bang into the ground it could cause some sort of a problem but to attack a player who wasn't even looking just doesn't cut it with me, THATS A BRAIN SNAP plain and simple.

I thought with amnesia you can't remember anything AT ALL!!!!!!!!

misty

Juniors
Kaz said:
bedsy said:
misty said:

It has nothing to do with the NRL.

It has them stumped though, and when top coaches are coming foreward and saying they've had it.......WELLLLLLLL!!! hullo! :)

eddo

Juniors
Amnesia means you forget what has already happened & for a period after. It is brain damage & is pretty common with head knocks. It is not unlike the blackouts you might get with a big night drinking. (comes complete with the headache)

Not being responsible for your actions as you had no control over them at the time is a completely different thing. Danny williams defence seems to be: 'I don't have a defence, as I don't remember what I was thinking at the time'.

If you don't believe Danny tried consciencely to hit him, at best it is on par as an accident. IMO there is no way he can excused for his actions.

I mean Wayne Bennett didn't go around snotting blokes while HE was concussed.

misty

Juniors
It said on the news last night he has an 18 match suspension :shock: thats a long time out of the team.

Doctor

Bench
misty said:
It said on the news last night he has an 18 match suspension :shock: thats a long time out of the team.

It is a long time -- but well deserved. :clap:

I'm just pleased that the judiciary did not buy into the whole "concussion = innocence" story. It's a preposterous notion -- that a player can escape penalty simply because he was concussed. I dare say most players are concussed throughout the match. They are, after all, running full speed into each other with minimal padding on.

To allow Williams any form of leniency because of the concussion would have set a dangerous precedent in my view -- and would have opened the door for serial on-field thugs to claim to be innocent on the grounds of not being in control of their movements.

Such arguments come from the same school of thought that brought the notion that mental illness is a sufficient excuse for murder.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Oswin said:
misty said:

It is a long time -- but well deserved. :clap:

I'm just pleased that the judiciary did not buy into the whole "concussion = innocence" story. It's a preposterous notion -- that a player can escape penalty simply because he was concussed. I dare say most players are concussed throughout the match. They are, after all, running full speed into each other with minimal padding on.
Exactly, I have seen players half concussed and they haven't purposly hit someone like that.
It's a well deserved 18 weeks. I dare say his career is possibly over.

misty

Juniors
Mmmmmm, if his career is over he has paid a terrable price for a brain snap :|

He did look a bit dazed when he stood up but he seemed to zero in on his target ok.

IanG

Coach
That was the biggest crock of shit I've heard in my entire life. As far as I'm concerned he deserved everything he got!!!!!!

Latest posts