What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DA's reason for Robson over KK?

Suitman

Post Whore
I was only sharing a view from the context of all those who lost loved ones at war (as Lingard sensibly indicated) and pointing out the war in our own backyard where those who lost loved ones reside here & now without going on and on about it.

I don't care when nor why nor how.

Take it elsewhere.

Suity

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Start with morts and kk in the halves. They can offer more in attack then robson. Robson is a good defender and can come on as back up hooker, he really doesn't offer much in attack.

fanaticeel

Juniors
Start with morts and kk in the halves. They can offer more in attack then robson. Robson is a good defender and can come on as back up hooker, he really doesn't offer much in attack.

Yeah I agree with this, robson is more of a hooker.. have him play a kingston type of role alternating between him and m keating with KK and mortz in the halves...

Though we didn't play that badly... afterall it's hard to win a game with 40% possession

Dymock

Juniors
I agree as well. I was watching a game from last year and I noticed that around the 15 minute mark Matt Keating starts to get pretty tired - which is very understandable. He's then slow to get to dummy half and the service is slow. I got curious so I then went and watched a few of the other games from our late season run last season and the same pattern is there.

Part of the problem is that MK takes a few steps out of dummy half before passing the ball. He does that about 30% of the time. Its long enough for the defence to creep up, its like he's thinking where to pass, rather than having an idea already when he goes to dummy half. Its understandable, even good at times, but it does slow us down, and it detracts from our speed in attack.

I'm sure its something the Eels are already across. But theres a marked difference in the crispness of Kingston's dummy half service as opposed to Keatings. But Keating's service up until the 15-20 minute mark is usually fine. He then recovers and so on - all very understandable. But surely an interchange issue?

Snoochies

First Grade
Last year Robson helps Parra win 10 + games and helps to make a Grand Final and after 1 loss this year we want to piss him off!!!

Not sure I remember him actually having that bad of a game on Friday night, and I can't say Keating did much better if at all. It's round one FFS, the bipolar attitude of some Parra fans is crazy, we love when we win but want to rearrange the whole team, the office staff, the receptionist, the cleaners and cheer girls when we lose.

Maybe we got too comfortable winning last year or something.

Fitz

Juniors
Last year Robson helps Parra win 10 + games and helps to make a Grand Final and after 1 loss this year we want to piss him off!!!

Not sure I remember him actually having that bad of a game on Friday night, and I can't say Keating did much better if at all. It's round one FFS, the bipolar attitude of some Parra fans is crazy, we love when we win but want to rearrange the whole team, the office staff, the receptionist, the cleaners and cheer girls when we lose.

Finally a voice of reason.

ianlovesparra

Juniors

I'm not saying i hate robson and want him gone from the team. I just think for the team and attacking options it will be better to have mortimer and kk in the halves. Even last year when we went on the run to the GF, it was Hayne doing all the attacking, Robson was doing a good job defending and getting the ball to hayne.

He would be a better hooker coming off the bench then he would starting at half back, and kk is a 5/8 not a hooker. Just my opinion

Kornstar

Coach
Although i may agree with the Replacing Robson for KK debate i still think that Robson has done nothing to lose the jersey as yet.

Imo both trials i saw KK was by far the best back on the field both times, Robson was solid as usual though but clearly trial form was irrelevant considering the best 2 players in the trials started from the bench in Fui and KK!

The only thing i would like to see is KK given more game time! He was given a run in the second half but the game was pretty much over imo by half time, the Dragons were just to strong on the night. KK was never going to work miracles coming on that late imo.....

Parra Steve

Juniors
I think the fact that Robson and Keating kept on chaning from dummy half and halfback every second didnt work, id like to see that when kris comes on that he goes to hooker fulltime or robson moves into hooker fulltime.

Dymock

Juniors
I think the fact that Robson and Keating kept on chaning from dummy half and halfback every second didnt work, id like to see that when kris comes on that he goes to hooker fulltime or robson moves into hooker fulltime.

I totally agree. I think thats the heart of the problem.

Delboy

First Grade
Personally, I think we need to see the halves as KK and Morts for an extended period, with Robson at 14 to play dummy half

That is where he was used at Manly, and where we need to replace the spark that Kingston gave us. We can't afford to play MK and Robson for too long a period together as they slow the play down when both used as dummy half and first receiver, it places too much emphasis on Hayne and the backline. Whilst it worked well for 10 games ;ast year, we need a plan B , just my thoughts as I think Robson is a good clubman, I don't see him as a long term 7

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
DA changed tactics mid-season last year and after a few games operating under them the Eels finally clicked and we saw what unfolded for the rest of the season. An important part of this improvement had to do with the forwards, and from what I saw last Friday night the same circumstances apply now.

Last year, behind a firing pack of forwards Robbo & Co were good enough to beat all comers bar the Storm in the GF and they even came close to having the chance of beating Storm during the later part of the 2nd half.

And remember: It's still ALL the same backs playing + the inclusion of Tahu and maybe KK.

We should all be patient and allow the team to click into gear, give the forwards the opportunity to pick up the standards they set late last year and possibly even improve on this. With the mobile forwards firing on all cylinders putting dents into the defensive line and with second phase plays kicking in, Robbo does not have to be the fastest half back in the world with the best kicking game to do his job as a team-player of helping the Eels winning games.

Remember: Jack Gibson always went with attitude when picking his players and it appears so does DA.

Give Robbo a break.... lay off and let DA do his job and lets look back come round 10 to continue this discussion.... WHY... because Robbo has "Attitude" and this is an essential ingredient for creating a winning team.

The hooker and its rotation is not a Robbo problem.... its a team (forwards) problem that DA has to overcome and fix since we lost Kingston. It's obvious Kingston has been a major loss but this does not mean that the Keating's can't take off from where Kingston and MK set such high standards last year. They just need game time to get up to speed. Robbo's game would have more than likely been even better last Friday night if the Eels forward pack played as good and if not better than the Dragons.

natheel

Coach
robbo needs to go. the robbo do gooders in here need to realise that you don't move forwards by standing still

what? stood still? he made a break and i actually thought he did some good things, KK is the one that needs to be either carted or just play backup hooker and let morts and Robbo continue to work on their partnership i mean look where it helped to guide us last year! and i have every faith they will guide us into the top 4 this year and hopefully to win the comp.

KK is out of his depth at the moment in first grade he should be back up hooker to his brother

natheel

Coach
I'm not saying i hate robson and want him gone from the team. I just think for the team and attacking options it will be better to have mortimer and kk in the halves. Even last year when we went on the run to the GF, it was Hayne doing all the attacking, Robson was doing a good job defending and getting the ball to hayne.

He would be a better hooker coming off the bench then he would starting at half back, and kk is a 5/8 not a hooker. Just my opinion

we had 40% of possesion AND our forwards weren't exactly making big metres so how can Robson do absolutly anything if thats the case? im pretty sure KK wouldnt have done anything if he was halfback either. seriously all this Robbo bashing is getting ridiculous (whether you hate him or not i consider it robbo bashing when u say get him to hooker AFTER he helped us to a GF), if i remember correctly he took 3-4 weeks to find his feet last year? hopefully this year he finds them quicker because i seriously doubt KK will be at parra next year tbh morts is signed up, feleti looks like staying and id say KK will be kimmorleys back-up next year

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Really sh*ts me when people say all Robson did was feed the ball to Hayne. Robson set up the winning try in the Dogs qualifyer, Hayne didnt touch the ball once in the whole passage of play. Infact, it was Robson who called for the ball, changed the direction of attack and put Mortimer away. He is fine and IMO has improved on last year.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
We lost all direction when KK went on. Robson was playing brilliantly. It is one of those situations when you must say the coach had to be prepared to abandon the game plan and let Robson say put.

Snoochies

First Grade
It's round one and the sky is falling already. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Maybe if we didn't make 12 errors we might have a totally different ballgame.

Kornstar

Coach
what? stood still? he made a break and i actually thought he did some good things, KK is the one that needs to be either carted or just play backup hooker and let morts and Robbo continue to work on their partnership i mean look where it helped to guide us last year! and i have every faith they will guide us into the top 4 this year and hopefully to win the comp.

KK is out of his depth at the moment in first grade he should be back up hooker to his brother

You got that from one game??????? Going by your logic nearly the whole team should be dropped......Fui made no impact, is he out of his depth?????????

I understand that you want to give Robbo a go and that is perfectly acceptable as Robbo has done nothing wrong but to out KK after one game were he didn't actually get to get on the field until the second half and the Dragons had already done all their damage is a bit of a ridiculous statement!