What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Simmons. Grow up or f**k off!!

tye

Juniors
I wont cop the critisim on Bailey..he does a mountain of work in defence, covers defensivly for players either side of him, sure he does occasionly go himself in attack, but this is because he is our go to man he is the only player who looks to break the line and offload, opposotion defences sweat on bailey and have taken his offloading time away. IMO week in our best player.

Isurus

Juniors
tye said:
I wont cop the critisim on Bailey..he does a mountain of work in defence, covers defensivly for players either side of him, sure he does occasionly go himself in attack, but this is because he is our go to man he is the only player who looks to break the line and offload, opposotion defences sweat on bailey and have taken his offloading time away. IMO week in our best player.

I don't think you'll find any arguments here about Bails workrate in defence!! Occasionally goes himself in attack - I have a problem with that comment. Surely you can see he is not at his attacking best at the moment. He sure does look to break the line - problem is he is doing a lot of looking but not much breaking!!

A pass to Vags before the line would be nice to see sometimes, as would Bails being used as a decoy to get the ball to who should be our real go to man on the right - Vags!!

Bails should be smart enough, as should the captain, halfback and coach to see that how he is being used is not working. Too predictable at the moment - add a bit of variety to his and the teams game and his attack will improve out of sight

SirShire

First Grade
First half, Simmons was caught out 3 times being horribly out of position and showing his true ineptness at reading any type of play in rugby league. He was turned inside out 3 times by a simple movement by the Tiger's backline, and the only thing that saved his arse was:
A. forward pass from the Tiges
B. ball being passed into touch by Whatuira

imasharkie

Coach
simmofan91 said:
How can you say all this when all those runaway tries and line breaks were on Merritt's wing.

Thats two tries and it was Peachey who missed one of them.
The 2nd one Merritt was on the other side of Dykes looking for the ball and had to run from the other side to his side to run down Benji and couldn't make it.
Suppose you didn't see Merritt run down and tackle Pat Richards.

Scott Prince's three tries came down the right side of the field.

David Simmons is the worst player in 1st grade footy and hopefully he will follow Raper out the door.