What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Taylor sacked by the Wolfpack

butchmcdick

Immortal
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/5d0a6e8988979e7a49c9d5f889cb5817

EX-NRL players Dave Taylor and Fuifui Moimoi have been reportedly sacked from Canadian rugby league club, the Toronto Wolfpack.
Mirror Sport in the UK reports the duo, plus former England international Ryan Bailey, have left the club following an incident while on a pre-season camp in Portugal.

The five-day camp is at the Colina Verde Golf and Sports Resort, a venue used by a number of high-profile sporting teams.

Toronto issued a brief statement, which read: “Fuifui Moimoi, Ryan Bailey and Dave Taylor have left Toronto Wolfpack by mutual agreement.

“The club thank the players for their efforts and we wish them well in their future careers.”

6b3a4444d1919e6d31a44d98f70e31e5

Fuifui Moimoi has been sacked by Toronto.Source: Supplied
It’s a massive blow for the Wolfpack who will be playing for promotion into the Super League for the 2019 season.

Taylor, one of the club’s major recruits along with Ashton Sims and Josh McCrone, had only just arrived on a three-year deal worth a reported $1 million.

Moimoi played a key role in their promotion into the second tier this season, while Bailey was recently cleared to play on after winning a case against UK Anti-Doping.

SBD82

Coach
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/5d0a6e8988979e7a49c9d5f889cb5817

EX-NRL players Dave Taylor and Fuifui Moimoi have been reportedly sacked from Canadian rugby league club, the Toronto Wolfpack.
Mirror Sport in the UK reports the duo, plus former England international Ryan Bailey, have left the club following an incident while on a pre-season camp in Portugal.

The five-day camp is at the Colina Verde Golf and Sports Resort, a venue used by a number of high-profile sporting teams.

Toronto issued a brief statement, which read: “Fuifui Moimoi, Ryan Bailey and Dave Taylor have left Toronto Wolfpack by mutual agreement.

“The club thank the players for their efforts and we wish them well in their future careers.”

6b3a4444d1919e6d31a44d98f70e31e5

Fuifui Moimoi has been sacked by Toronto.Source: Supplied
It’s a massive blow for the Wolfpack who will be playing for promotion into the Super League for the 2019 season.

Taylor, one of the club’s major recruits along with Ashton Sims and Josh McCrone, had only just arrived on a three-year deal worth a reported $1 million.

Moimoi played a key role in their promotion into the second tier this season, while Bailey was recently cleared to play on after winning a case against UK Anti-Doping.
I read the headline and thought: "well, yeah".

Pretty much sums up Taylor.

Emu01

Juniors
What a fool Taylor must be. He was been sacked by the Titans, Catalans in France now the Wolfpack in Canada.

Not even 1 game wonder what they did wrong. Probably a drug and alcohol bender breaking curfews I’d say.

King hit

Coach
With the talent he has got someone will always give him a spot. Lazy f**k who never delivers.

Dave Taylor was sacked by Catalans Dragons, along with Todd Carney, after they went out together on a drinking binge in Perpignan and were discovered asleep in the street by the local gendarmerie.

no name

Coach
I don’t know what they did but the mind boggles as to why you’d do something to risk the gig that DT found himself in.

I’ll reserve judgement until further facts are revealed (if at all), but it was a pretty plum gig he had.

Danish

Referee
And here I was hoping we'd be able to get a canadian version of the "Dave Taylor is training the house down and ready for a big season" fluff piece to add to the broncos, souths, raiders, and various pommy versions

Canard

Immortal
To think I'd copped flak from LU members over the years for calling him Carl Webb II.

Seems he could only dream of a career as "successful' as Carl's now.

Danish

Referee
To think I'd copped flak from LU members over the years for calling him Carl Webb II.

Seems he could only dream of a career as "successful' as Carl's now.

At least the single play in origin that Carl Webb is remembered for is him steamrolling someone.

Dave Taylor's origin highlight reel consists solely of him looking absolutely terrified of Luke O'Donnell

Canard

Immortal
At least the single play in origin that Carl Webb is remembered for is him steamrolling someone.

Dave Taylor's origin highlight reel consists solely of him looking absolutely terrified of Luke O'Donnell

Only player ever picked because Fatty said so on the Footy show.

To be fair to Dave, LOD was no wimp. I remember him smashing"noted Tough guy" Mick Croker in the 04 semis to such an extent that Croker was in tears.

Latest posts