What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Davico granted Release

azza

Juniors
Just heard it on 2gb another great move by management. He is gone to Wigan. WTF are we going to do next year?

Spike

First Grade
Yeah, I picked that earlier today. Apparently there is a few senior players not happy with Elliott. Schcofske wants out too

Raiders are chasing Fielden

legend

Coach
Oh shit! The club is falling apart around our ears.

We are now officially a club in crisis.

Spike, how do you know Schifocske wants out?

At least we'll be under the cap.

It looks as though the players are going to make some sort of mutiny against the club which spells disaster.

Where will it all end?

Spike

First Grade
legend said:

It was announced at the same time it was announced that Davico was going to Wigan. They spoke with Elliott who stated that Clinton has asked for one but he's still under contract obviously and I doubt the Raiders are going to be willing to give him a release. They said that there are others as well that aren't happy but didn't give the names.

legend

Coach
What's worse is if other players have asked for a release, what the hell is going on down there?

I don't give a rats about this year but we are fast becoming the joke of the NRL. I shudder to think where we will be five years from now. Will we even exist? Some serious questions need to be asked of the coach and of management.

Maybe Elliot has other plans in mind, ie. Fielden and/or Peacock.

I could honestly live with this and losing Wiki if that was the plan, as one or both of these guys would be monsters in the NRL, and they're much younger too.

I mean I doubt the Raiders management would release him unless they have a backup plan... unless they really are a bunch of morons...

Raider_69

Post Whore
and to think i was blasted when i suggested that Elliot had run his corse
and it was time for a new coach

looks like its time for new management and coach #-o #-o

Raider_69

Post Whore
I Bleed Green said:
I mean I doubt the Raiders management would release him unless they have a backup plan... unless they really are a bunch of morons...

ohh no!!

I wholeheartedly agree with you 69, its about time something is done, whether they sack elliott, well, there is only one choice in my mind, elliott has to be sacked, otherwise players that dont want him there will be released and the club will go to the shithouse, I hate to say it, even being a supporter of elliotts, but he has to go, he is doing the club no good.

I further reiterate my point by saying that for a bloke who only a few weeks ago kissed the raiders emblem on his jumper to now asking for a release, something is going on internally between the players and the coach and the coach is the one that needs to go, bring back Daley as head coach for 05.

azza

Juniors
It also proves Tuffnel is legit... he forecast Davico was leaving a month ago...

When Daley Furner and Mullins left we struggled for two years. I'd be banking on more of the same over the next few seasons with Wiki, Monaghan, Davico all leaving this year.

Spike said:
legend said:

It was announced at the same time it was announced that Davico was going to Wigan. They spoke with Elliott who stated that Clinton has asked for one but he's still under contract obviously and I doubt the Raiders are going to be willing to give him a release. They said that there are others as well that aren't happy but didn't give the names.

Is that legit? I mean I don't doubt that the content is the truth in that the players are unhappy, but why would the coach come out and openly say "There are other players who are unhappy with how things are being run at the moment". It just doesn't sound like a logical thing to do. If he did say that, he's just creating more and more trouble.

Raider_69

Post Whore
this is disgraceful
Matt Elliot although a good bloke, has run his corse, he is on borrowed time, when is stuart coming off contract at the chooks cause ill cop how ever many shit seasons if we can bring him back

offer him what ever the f**k he likes and get him down here, we need someone that wants to make the tough choices, while their at it some one sack the f**king management, they are inept and not capable of running a football club professionally

This has gone to far :evil:

Does anyone have hard evidence of all this... like im not doubting you but i wanna read something before i come 2 a final conclusion and decision of wat i think of the players.

lukethejedi

Juniors
This a part of the Dubbo times 24th June

The pressure of the mid-season trading period was clearly taking its toll on the Raiders when it was discovered yesterday there was tension between long-serving prop Luke Davico and the club.

Contracted until the end of next season, Davico is understood to have been upset that the Raiders were prepared to release him from the final year of his contract to the Melbourne Storm. Speculation about Davico's future was heightened by negotiations with New South Wales Origin forward Brent Kite.

The Raiders denied yesterday they had identified Davico as the player who would have to make room for Kite to relieve salary cap pressures.

Davico confirmed he had spoken with Storm coach Craig Bellamy. Bellamy would not comment on the issue when contacted by The Canberra Times yesterday and the Raiders refuted they gave permission for Melbourne to sound out the front-rower.

Davico was also reluctant to discuss the intricacies of the situation.

However, the matter was resolved after it was clear Kite had elected to join Manly ahead of the Raiders.

"There was a misunderstanding with some people at the club that I wanted to leave," Davico said.

"That wasn't the case.

"I don't know where the speculation and assumptions come from, but as far as I was concerned I was contracted to the Raiders until the end of next year. Obviously some other people didn't see it that way.

"As far as I am concerned the issue is dead and buried. I am contracted here until the end of next year."

While Davico's future is now resolved, the Raiders continue to battle for the signature of prized forward Wiki

Find it a bit hard to believe there was such a swing in the space of 2 weeks. I want proof