What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita is a Titan

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Looking forward to David Fifita playing against the Broncos next year. While the fans might boo, I am sure he will be smiling and joking with the Broncos players on the field after beating them by a fair margin :)

This Cowboys fan is happy. Donkeys lose a fine young prospect and Titanics are making the same mistakes that got them into this mess. We come out on top.

davi

Juniors
Scott Sattler former Titans football manager said the Titans need a captain. He suggested it would be handy for the Titans to sign Jake Friend. Friend would be the Hooker that they need and he suggested his leadership and what he brings off the field would be just important as what he brings on it.

I'm not sure what appeal the Titans would have to Friend. Yes they have a bright future but he is playing for a straight up premiership contender now with the Rooster. He is a Queenslander so that may be some appeal, but the Titans would have to give a big offer $$$$. They already tied up alot of money, but I do acknowledge Bryce Cartwright departing would help.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
A second and a third Brisbane team would be ideal. It would be great for TV, producing more local derbies and giving the Cowboys and Titans more home games against Queensland teams.

Life must be getting so unfair for the Broncos. Sharing juniors and nurseries with another Brisbane team? Life is so hard.... it must be an NRL conspiracy against the Broncos......

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I mean even now the Broncos talent identification is trash. So adding a few other Brisbane teams would make things very interesting

It might actually wake the Broncos up so their fans should be encouraging it.

davi

Juniors
I mean even now the Broncos talent identification is trash. So adding a few other Brisbane teams would make things very interesting

It might actually wake the Broncos up so their fans should be encouraging it.

This a thread about Titans poaching David Fifita from the Broncos and your stating the Broncos talent indentification is trash. Ummmmmmmm right.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
This a thread about Titans poaching David Fifita from the Broncos and your stating the Broncos talent indentification is trash. Ummmmmmmm right.

Uhhmmmmmmm you missed Cameron Smith you dumb merkins lmao. Absolute failures for the region you have

The Broncos got flabby and lazy. This year is years of neglect coming home to roost. Look at all the players Brisbane missed. Awful talent identification.

davi

Juniors
Uhhmmmmmmm you missed Cameron Smith you dumb merkins lmao. Absolute failures for the region you have

The Broncos got flabby and lazy. This year is years of neglect coming home to roost. Look at all the players Brisbane missed. Awful talent identification.

Yeah you mentioned one player that came through in 2000 and that means their whole talent identification is trash. Actually, the Titans are doing alot of buying of players but the number of locals coming through their system seems to be a lot thinner.

Critics are not slamming the Broncos for the young talent they have coming through their system. But slamming the fact it’s too eschewed too young players and there are not enough veterans on the roster to show them the way. Your criticism of the Broncos has completely missed the mark.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah you mentioned one player that came through in 2000 and that means their whole talent identification is trash. Actually, the Titans are doing alot of buying of players but the number of locals coming through their system seems to be a lot thinner.

Critics are not slamming the Broncos for the young talent they have coming through their system. But slamming the fact it’s too eschewed too young players and there are not enough veterans on the roster to show them the way. Your criticism of the Broncos has completely missed the mark.

There are tons of great players that slipped through the Broncos system.

If you think the Broncos have done well in this area over the last let's say 20 years you are a legit mad man. Brisbane is the second largest rugby league city on earth and the fact you guys don't win the comp every second year speaks volumes. Even my crappy regional team identified Papalii and Milford from your region.

The roosters have good talent identification. The Broncos do not.

BadnMean

Juniors
The Bronco's only have one team & 2.2 million people in Brisbane alone to choose it from- let alone nearby regional areas.

It's almost as if it would be a better idea to have a 2nd team in Brisbane helping provide pathways for all those league mad Qld kids.

You'd have to be going against the best interests of the game and the state to oppose a 2nd Brisbane team wouldn't you?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Bronco's only have one team & 2.2 million people in Brisbane alone to choose it from- let alone nearby regional areas.

It's almost as if it would be a better idea to have a 2nd team in Brisbane helping provide pathways for all those league mad Qld kids.

You'd have to be going against the best interests of the game and the state to oppose a 2nd Brisbane team wouldn't you?

Why dont all these kids go to the Titans? Maybe they are going to other NRL clubs because they are offered better deals or the other clubs are better at scouting them?

BadnMean

Juniors
Why dont all these kids go to the Titans? Maybe they are going to other NRL clubs because they are offered better deals or the other clubs are better at scouting them?

Is that supposed to be an argument against having a 2nd team in Leagues 2nd biggest market city?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is that supposed to be an argument against having a 2nd team in Leagues 2nd biggest market city?

Its a question about why these kids arent going to the next nearest club instead of interstate. Is a second Brisbane club (which is a no brainer) going to offer something the Titans dont? And if not will these kids still head to Sydney and Melbourne? Then what a third club or a fourth? Reality is if they wanted to there are already two local NRL clubs these kids could sign for.
Or maybe we should just accept that the NRL isnt a local suburban comp and talented kids will go to clubs wherever they are located for the best deal and the best opportunity?

aqua_duck

Coach
Scouting is one possible issue but I also think it would be quite difficult to sell the titans as a viable destination due to lack of success and lack of examples of successful junior development

Perth Red

Post Whore
Scouting is one possible issue but I also think it would be quite difficult to sell the titans as a viable destination due to lack of success and lack of examples of successful junior development

My point exactly, it isnt geographical location these kids are worried about, its $'s, development and a culture of success. Nothing to say the second Brisbane club will deliver these any better than the Titans have, in which case Brisbane kids will still be signing for Melbourne or Roosters.

Looking forward to David Fifita playing against the Broncos next year. While the fans might boo, I am sure he will be smiling and joking with the Broncos players on the field after beating them by a fair margin :)

Been thinking there might even be a few boos on his return which should be in the next couple of weeks. A lot of Broncos supporters, from what I've read, are not happy with him at all that he decided to take the money and run.