What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita is a Titan

davi

Juniors
I'm happy for the Titans landing their man, but jeez I'm worried.

In 2017 Angus Chricton and Coen Hess stormed onto the scene. Neither player could be tackled. They'd broke open games at will. The world was at their feet. I was sure they'd be the new Cordner and Gillett, gun back rowers for either state that would combine for Australia the next 5-10 years.

Neither have kicked on. Hess has regressed badly. Chricton had a big form dip and while he has rebounded somewhat he is still a far way off the player he promised to be. My worry is that at this point in his career, Fifita hasn't shown anything that Hess and Chricton didn't show in 2017.

Its funny but I think the same thing about Angus Chricton. I've heard he's in career best form at the Roosters but for some reason I thought he seemed more promient at Souths. He doesn't look as bulked up as he was at Souths either which may have taken a bit from his power game. He has played state of origin since he has been at the Roosters. But how much thats been he has taken his game to another level or he was next in line and would have been chosen anyway is debateble.

When he played at Souths he would run and bust the line and I just don't see that happen when he's played at the Roosters.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
How do teams sign our players when we don’t have a salary cap?

Aren’t the tits being propped up by the nrl?

This sucks but we have definitely asked for it. Forget Seibold I reckon it’s way past time that Paul white was launched. Can the tits take him in a package perhaps? Shit they already pay mal a shitload to do f**k all

Dingo_dan

Juniors
Its funny but I think the same thing about Angus Chricton. I've heard he's in career best form at the Roosters but for some reason I thought he seemed more promient at Souths. He doesn't look as bulked up as he was at Souths either which may have taken a bit from his power game. He has played state of origin since he has been at the Roosters. But how much thats been he has taken his game to another level or he was next in line and would have been chosen anyway is debateble.

When he played at Souths he would run and bust the line and I just don't see that happen when he's played at the Roosters.
He actually made his origin debut as a rabbitoh

blaza88z

Coach
Titans could find themselves in a similar position to us, a good pack with no direction, in hindsight it's not ideal to lose him but given some of the horrendous recruitment decisions we've made.. it was always going to cost us someone like Fifita

Tweed Titan

Bench
He needs to play insanely well to be worth the money but hopefully he can encourage a few other quality players to sign for us in future years. It’s definitely overs for an edge forward though.

I don’t think it’s necessarily great value for the Titans but at least at only 3 years it gives him motivation to play well for future contracts. 5 year deals rarely work out well for the club unless it’s for a consummate professional like Tedesco or Cameron Smith.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm happy for the Titans landing their man, but jeez I'm worried.

In 2017 Angus Chricton and Coen Hess stormed onto the scene. Neither player could be tackled. They'd broke open games at will. The world was at their feet. I was sure they'd be the new Cordner and Gillett, gun back rowers for either state that would combine for Australia the next 5-10 years.

Neither have kicked on. Hess has regressed badly. Chricton had a big form dip and while he has rebounded somewhat he is still a far way off the player he promised to be. My worry is that at this point in his career, Fifita hasn't shown anything that Hess and Chricton didn't show in 2017.
Hess was stuffed around by Green playing him in the centres, Crichton in my opinion has been very good and has been way better than Cordner over the past 2 years especially when he's had the opportunity to play on the left.

Don't worry about the money, this is exactly what the Titans needed. David Fifita will earn his pay. He's one of the most talented players I've ever seen.

On another note, I can't recall ever seeing a coach under more pressure than Seibold. He has single handedly destroyed the Brisbane Broncos present and now, future. I personally love the guy and long may he reign!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't worry about the money, this is exactly what the Titans needed. David Fifita will earn his pay. He's one of the most talented players I've ever seen.

On another note, I can't recall ever seeing a coach under more pressure than Seibold. He has single handedly destroyed the Brisbane Broncos present and now, future. I personally love the guy and long may he reign!

how is paying JT $1mill Working out for the cowboys?
You save your million $ contracts for rep spine players if you’ve got any sense!

how is paying JT $1mill Working out for the cowboys?
You save your million $ contracts for rep spine players if you’ve got any sense!
Generally speaking, you're right. However, David Fifita is a rare talent. A freakishly talented gamebreaker with a big motor and giant frame yet can run like the wind with lateral movement rarely seen by the best outside backs. Forget what position he plays, the guy is a gamebreaker. Makes something out of nothing. A match winner.

A very different player to Taumalolo.

shear_joy9

Coach
Roosters are paying Crichton $1mill a season and Fifita is a hell of a lot better than him.

They are going to have a beast forward pack next season. Just need to piss of Boyd, Peachy and Cartwright then either let Proctor go or offer him minimum wage and their cap will be sweet.

I’d be planting computer chips in Cartwrights cereal hoping his mrs gets spooked and forces him to bunker down. That or just plant a metal pole next to the training field and write 5g on it