What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita

matPORTS

Juniors
Said it in my match summary yesterday, and it's been discussed ad-nauseum on this forum for a long while now - we are desperately short of both a class middle forward and a class edge back rower. We are extremely vulnerable for 2025 and beyond right now. A big name signing for the forwards is what will make or break Flanno as our long term coach.

David Fifita, Angus Crichton, Nelson Asofa-Solomona (not sure of his current 'market status') - all fit the bill. Considering we've already tried and failed to get AFB, it is imperative that we sign at least one of these players listed here. Reality is we probably won't get all of them - anything beyond the needed one is a bonus.

This is in addition to locking down Su'a.

Manly haven't re-signed Nathan Brown yet either? - he could be a handy player whom Flanno would probably enjoy coaching.

Then it becomes a case of banking on the Couchmans, Dylan Egan, etc etc continuing their development. Toby & Ryan surely aren't too far away from a recall to the top grade.

Not sure what the situation is with outside backs currently on the market - Semi Valemei, Reimis Smith? Can Corey Allan come right for us and re-discover his 2019-2020 form that got him a rep call up?

https://www.zerotackle.com/players/off-contract-2024/by-position-2024/ - this is probably not the most up-to-date list of off-contract & available players (Schiller signed with the Knights and will be a good pick up for them)? There are some handy names still on this list. Did Luke Garner re-sign with the Panthers yet? Adam Doueihi is another player I'd be willing to take a chance on (he can play 6 with K Flanno 7 and Hunt 9/14 - I don't know if this is just frustration talking after yesterdays game).

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Panthers offered DF $850k multiple years Deal
Well as far as I am concerned, the Penrith Panthers don't sign too many from outside their squad of juniors but they do if they need to replace a player leaving that they cannot fill from their lower grades to maintain their standing as front runners in the NRL competition. They have identified David Fifita as a player that will help them continue to be a force for several years - possibly winning 5 or 6 premierships in a row after they win their 4th this year.

If they sign him, beware folks.

Penrith fans are loving it.

Dragon David

First Grade
Panthers vs Dragons...same sort of money??

It appears that Shane Flanagan will be having talks with Fifita and his manager soon.

No matter what we might offer, it will become apparent that our club won't have any pulling power just as we didn't for AFB and Turuva.

gregstar

Referee
Regardless of the truth, the media is going to link us to every single player now that we've got salary cap space.

Everything from an earwig with a limp to a set of toenail clippers found in a council bin will be linked to us (especially if gumboil Slothfield & arse boil Weirdler need clicks)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think I know how this will play out for us…

Haran: “Flanno, great news! I signed David Fifita for you”

Flanagan: “That’s awesome! I hope he didn’t cost too much? I don’t want to burn the war chest just yet”

Haran: “Nope, got him for $200k”

Flanagan: “$200k? How’d you get him so cheap?”

Haran: “He said he is honoured to be coached by you again”

Flanagan: “But I’ve never coached him… Oh.. Oh no!!”

1714971034250.jpeg

Latest posts