What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita

RedVee

First Grade
If he goes somewhere else it is our own fault for letting negotiations drag on for months..is there anyone in the club capable of closing a deal...Flano is the coach and shouldn't be expected to do everything for all the other bludgers hanging on.

Read a piece how the intervention of Politis and of course the connection with Holbrook were the deciding factors in Roosters getting Fafita...conversation regarding their Greek backgrounds and opportunities outside of football sealed the deal. Can you imagine Ryan Webb or Andrew Lancaster or anyone else from our board being able to have those types of conversation....they are all financial types with absolutely no football background, nothing in common with the footballers we are trying to recruit.

Once again we can't expect Flanaghan to do everything and from what I can see nothing has changed in the front office or backroom at the Dragons.
Wait a minute. Fifita is Greek?

justadragon

Bench
Wonder how player agents like their clients moving clubs for $200,000 a season less ! They wouldn’t mind forgoing their commission on that amount would they?
NRL under this regime is corrupt and a joke. Bring back David Gallop. He had balls and integrity.
Thats why you and I both know that is not really what happens. Its all played out that way in the public, And then when the player gets there as gomer pile would say "surprise surprise surprise".

justadragon

Bench
Lets get real people, you dont get paid a million bucks to sook on, you dont get paid a million bucks to have personality clashes, you dont get paid a million bucks to be homesick, you dont get paid a million dollars to cut and run whenever you feel like it, you dont get paid a million bucks to have dreams of winning a premiership WITH ANOTHER TEAM,,,,,, FMD oh thats right you get paid a million bucks to play footy, because apparently getting paid that much means you are pretty good. and maybe you can help the team that pays you a million bucks win a premiership, just shut your gob do your bloody job and be happy to even be playing in the NRL.

Dragon David

First Grade
Thats why you and I both know that is not really what happens. Its all played out that way in the public, And then when the player gets there as gomer pile would say "surprise surprise surprise".
Lets get real people, you dont get paid a million bucks to sook on, you dont get paid a million bucks to have personality clashes, you dont get paid a million bucks to be homesick, you dont get paid a million dollars to cut and run whenever you feel like it, you dont get paid a million bucks to have dreams of winning a premiership WITH ANOTHER TEAM,,,,,, FMD oh thats right you get paid a million bucks to play footy, because apparently getting paid that much means you are pretty good. and maybe you can help the team that pays you a million bucks win a premiership, just shut your gob do your bloody job and be happy to even be playing in the NRL.
Interesting what Gorden Tallis has to say about Fifita -

justadragon

Bench

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
How good is our club at recruitment and retention. They find it virtually impossible to recruit any quality top line players to the club but when they do have a quality player at their club they then find it impossible to retain/and extend them.

How incompetent is this club at everything. FMD.
They'll resign world's shittest halfback Ben Hunt and keep extending him until he's a pensioner but God forbid Su'a asks for another year on his contract when he ACTUALLY wants to be at the club and is ACTUALLY one of our best week in week out, not just one of the 'best' because he gets the ball on every play

Dragon David

First Grade
They'll resign world's shittest halfback Ben Hunt and keep extending him until he's a pensioner but God forbid Su'a asks for another year on his contract when he ACTUALLY wants to be at the club and is ACTUALLY one of our best week in week out, not just one of the 'best' because he gets the ball on every play
What's going on with these turkey's? Why haven't they just bite the bullet and re-sign Su'A for 4 years? We currently are not in any position to let him go. It just doesn't make any sense to me. With all this going on, he will be gone and end up at the Titans with Chrichton going to Penrith and we end up with Diddly Squat who is nothing I am told.

Phantom V

Juniors
💯 He genuinely wants to be here. That’s the sort of player we should be building our team around and setting an example for our juniors coming through. Should have been given the captaincy when Hunt said he wanted out IMO.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
What's going on with these turkey's? Why haven't they just bite the bullet and re-sign Su'A for 4 years? We currently are not in any position to let him go. It just doesn't make any sense to me. With all this going on, he will be gone and end up at the Titans with Chrichton going to Penrith and we end up with Diddly Squat who is nothing I am told.
We need to sign SuA like yesterday...especially after we play them today and the likes of Walker, Mitchell and Co get into his ear post match...well that's of course if Bennett hasnt spoken to him already.....although you can bet your crown jewels thats already happened......if he does go like most on here I will be really really pissed off

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
What a great article and if this isnt enough to introduce a draft and trade period then i dont know what is. And for the players who offer up restriction of trade bullshit well Fafita's signing with the Roosters blows that theory out of the water

Dragon David

First Grade
Trent Robinson said that the way the Roosters were able to sign Fifita to overcome him going to the Panthers was to offer him less money but that after his time at the Roosters in say 6 years, the Roosters has agreed to provide him with 2 luxurious fully furnished 3 bedroom apartments one overlooking Bondi Beach and the other on the Gold Coast. He will also receive unlimited free air fares to and from Sydney and the Gold Coast and when at either of the apartments will have the choice of two brand new cars to get around the places.

He will also be offered a position to assist the Roosters in a coaching capacity.

Wow, no wonder he took the Roosters offer up instead of the Panthers one and of course we rated poorly.

Did I say that these details were factual?

Trent Robinson said that the way the Roosters were able to sign Fifita to overcome him going to the Panthers was to offer him less money but that after his time at the Roosters in say 6 years, the Roosters has agreed to provide him with 2 luxurious fully furnished 3 bedroom apartments one overlooking Bondi Beach and the other on the Gold Coast. He will also receive unlimited free air fares to and from Sydney and the Gold Coast and when at either of the apartments will have the choice of two brand new cars to get around the places.

He will also be offered a position to assist the Roosters in a coaching capacity.

Wow, no wonder he took the Roosters offer up instead of the Panthers one and of course we rated poorly.

Did I say that these details were factual?

Cheating is always a private matter. It's only public when you've been caught.

Dea

Juniors
Third party payments have to be stopped as a start.
It's going to be too hard to police. We just need a points system. So Tedesco, Brandon Smith, Leniu, Fifita, and others would carry huge points in their cap, because they were poached from other teams. But if Tedesco had stayed at Tigers, he would count for very little against Tigers' cap. It's not difficult to implement, and it would certainly work.

Mojo

Bench
Whilst I agree with you, you have to remember that these days its just about as much for the player managers as it is for the players. You have to have relationships with these guys and they can also be quite manipulative with the amount of players they have on their books, and who they have. So whilst we may be bagging the club out whats also happening with Sua's manager. He will be trying to get as many stakeholders in on the action and now with Fafita signing for the Roosters, let the games begin. How good would it be just to have players fulfilling their contract regardless with no bullshit clauses, and if they want to leave early they cant, regardless of any situation.
I’ve suggested previously that player managers commissions should be discounted if the player is terminating a contract early in order to move to another club, with the discount being proportional to the extent of the early termination.

Mojo

Bench
It's going to be too hard to police. We just need a points system. So Tedesco, Brandon Smith, Leniu, Fifita, and others would carry huge points in their cap, because they were poached from other teams. But if Tedesco had stayed at Tigers, he would count for very little against Tigers' cap. It's not difficult to implement, and it would certainly work.
I‘m puzzled as to why TPD‘s are hard to police. Don’t they have to be fully disclosed to the NRL? Also, isn’t there an auditor who’s job it is? I understand that the NRL is constrained by restraint of trade legislation but I don‘t see why the full dollar value of player contracts, including TPDs, can’t be established when contracts are registered - and be fully subject to normal audit standards.

Last edited:

Latest posts