What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Gallop says second NRL team in south-east Queensland on cards

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth would be the first choice. However most people are aware a 4th QLD WILL come in at some stage. It was a QLD paper so they will run the story. Perth Reds and your mates. Get a Business Plan together and put it to David Gallop.

I'm sure Geoff Baldwin and the board of the WARL are doing so as we speak, if they haven't already. I can see us getting an income of around $10-12mill without too much difficulty, finding the extra to compete with the top 4 or 5 teams is more problematic. I am sure PHaC must be bored of the Bunnies by now and keen to invest in his home town! We've been getting ready since 2007 so i am sure when the bidding time comes we will put forward a strong case. Will ultimately come down to what TV wants and how big the koohunas of the NRL are in taking a risk.

I can only see postives to a Perth team. If it's financially sound. FTA games shouldn't be a problem Bruce Gordon owns 9 over there and loves league. Having 2 Win staduims is proof of that

Could have fooled me the way Ch9 treats the NRL here (although they did give the Reds a sponsorship deal last year)

Latest posts