What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Klemmer

Frank Facer

First Grade
He will be a great pick up for Newy. On the Newy forum, I think they said that the 1.2 mil may also include 3rd party payments. He is expensive, but he is exactly what Newy need.

I wonder how much they offered Pangai?

BLM01

First Grade
I'm not sure what the personal problems are, but I reckon $1.2 mil a season at the Knights would make them fade quickly.
Well if he is on the REPORTED 1.2 a year. I wanna see the media attention about how ridiculous that money is and the way overs and ridicule of his performances when below par. Ring a bell St George fans. He can be a bit of knee lifter but does run hard and shows aggression. But he is a cool dood and Channel 9 fav and going to the rebuilding Newy team so dont expect any flack from the media.

Belta

Juniors
Klemmer and Glasby are massive signings for Newcastle. The fans must be feeling positive for 2019. Depth and quality in the forwards and quality backs, they should be in the mix next year

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Another nail in the coffin for league fans who are seeing their teams ripped apart. Not my cup of tea then maybe being over the hill age wise I seem to be behind the eight ball in regards to what is going on these days. As a fan of yesteryear I find it hard to accept the goings on these days. Loved the days of player loyalty to their club. Nowadays it is the money.
Lancelot:confused:

BLM01

First Grade
Klemmer and Glasby are massive signings for Newcastle. The fans must be feeling positive for 2019. Depth and quality in the forwards and quality backs, they should be in the mix next year
I am not sure about that. Outside of Ramien Positions 2-6 dont excite me similar to the Dragons except for Lomax. Moga is coming off an abundance of injuries...Edrick Lee is hit and miss. But they are strengething nicely although I believe they have paid overs for most and could bite them shortly and Ponga will have to be upgraded to the sky to keep him. We will see if Brownie can coach em into a Top 8 side.

Gareth67

First Grade
Are they not also attempting to off load Foran - if so , then the dogs would have to be under the cap and ready to splurge money once again .

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I am not sure about that. Outside of Ramien Positions 2-6 dont excite me similar to the Dragons except for Lomax. Moga is coming off an abundance of injuries...Edrick Lee is hit and miss. But they are strengething nicely although I believe they have paid overs for most and could bite them shortly and Ponga will have to be upgraded to the sky to keep him. We will see if Brownie can coach em into a Top 8 side.

Ponga immediately lifts the quality of that backline.

Their pack looks strong if they sign Klemmer too...

8. Klemmer
9. Levi/Griffin (if fit)
10. Glasby
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Guerra
13. Ese'ese

15. Barnett
16. D.Saifiti/J.Saifiti
17. S.Matau'tia

I'm stoked for Newcastle, so happy they're finally building a good squad.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I am the last person to feel sympathy for the Bulldogs, but wow I feel bad for Bulldogs fans based on the last few years.

They have lost many favourite sons (Graham, Reynolds, Morris twins, Mbye, Klemmer) all in a very short space of time. Their big signings of Woods and Foran will both leave the club without playing even half a season, and they are completely screwed in the cap still

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Another nail in the coffin for league fans who are seeing their teams ripped apart. Not my cup of tea then maybe being over the hill age wise I seem to be behind the eight ball in regards to what is going on these days. As a fan of yesteryear I find it hard to accept the goings on these days. Loved the days of player loyalty to their club. Nowadays it is the money.
Normally I would agree with this sentiment..

But it’s Canterbury.

F**k Canterbury.

They made this mess, they can suffer the consequences.

BLM01

First Grade
Ponga immediately lifts the quality of that backline.

Their pack looks strong if they sign Klemmer too...

8. Klemmer
9. Levi/Griffin (if fit)
10. Glasby
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Guerra
13. Ese'ese

15. Barnett
16. D.Saifiti/J.Saifiti
17. S.Matau'tia

I'm stoked for Newcastle, so happy they're finally building a good squad.
Griffin wont play next year and they tried to offload Levi before that.but you point is made.and Ponga speaks for hmself..however see how he goes Year 2!..they are becoming a lot of people's 2nd favourite and Cinderella story...can I say Cinderella under PC?

BLM01

First Grade
It is the reasons put out by the PR media master of spin managers that are wearing thin to avoid social media backlash and vitriole which is an unfortunate wall having to be thrown up because of today's wordly all in communication.
Every contract done signed is for your own family or personal reasons but it is now used in context for nearly every contract decision of players moving or breaking contracts with clubs to shield them and insinuate something far deeper is at play, which is taboo for all to comment.
Unfortunately there are those that maybe genuine (like the boy that cried wolf) but what if the area the player is going to did not want them in the NRL side, would they still be going

Last edited:

Belta

Juniors

I do see the resemblance and I’d imagine it will take time for Newcastles combinations to gel, but the difference to the Dragons (based on last year) was that Ponga was an excitement machine and in a different hemisphere, Ramien and Lee were both performing in FG. Ramien in particular had a very good year. Moga the year before his knee injury had a stellar season in first grade for the Broncos. They got Pearce we got Hunt, I mean there’s similarities for sure but overall and based on last year the Newcastle backline is more promising, especially with us losing Nene and having no quality replacement.

I know it’s only on paper and sometimes that doesn’t always equate to success, ie Canberra and Warriors and essentially we have good players but just need to get it all together. Hopefully we can.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Normally I would agree with this sentiment..

But it’s Canterbury.

F**k Canterbury.

They made this mess, they can suffer the consequences.
I will feel for them when at 86 I am sitting next to my best friend of 5 years in the nursing home and he is reflecting on the demise of the Bulldogs forty years ago. Much how I feel about the Newtown Jets right now.