What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Simmons on the improve

I have bagged simmons over and over, for his play, but i must say over espically the last month, he has been improving with every game and his stats are backing it up.

A quick comparison with Peach from 05 played 24 matches, and Simmons 06, stats for sunday not in, so 7 matches

Tackle completion Peachey 65.89 & Simmons 66.67, so defence is as good

Line Breaks Peachey 13 last year Simmons this year 4, not including sundays game.

Hit Ups per Game Peachey 10.67, Simmons 15.57

Dummy Half runs Peachey 44, Simmons 27

Metres Gained Peachey 2305, Simmons 946

Avg metres per run Peachey 9.00, Simmons 8.68

Metres per match Peachey 96.04, Simmons 135.14

Handling errors Peachey 39, Simmons 5

Offloads Peachey 16, Simmons 5

At no stage here am i saying thet Simmons has replaced Peach, but pointing out his on the improve and does give us some different assets, Finally Simmons is starting to use his size in defence and attack, lets hope his City selection, will only improve him further

the kids definitely on the up. full credit to him

great try but i was most impressed with his try-saver holding barrett up on the line. still needs to run it back harder and straighter

The Nulla #2

Bench
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
I have bagged simmons over and over, for his play, but i must say over espically the last month, he has been improving with every game and his stats are backing it up.

A quick comparison with Peach from 05 played 24 matches, and Simmons 06, stats for sunday not in, so 7 matches

Line Breaks Peachey 13 last year Simmons this year 4, not including sundays game.

At no stage here am i saying thet Simmons has replaced Peach, but pointing out his on the improve and does give us some different assets, Finally Simmons is starting to use his size in defence and attack, lets hope his City selection, will only improve him further

At least this topic is probably worth its own thread..

Thankyou SSB

Thankyou

Nullajet

Juniors
There is no doubt Simmons hs shown improvement and well he should....all players should improve at his age.

I think those comparisons to peach, whilst relevant to the argument that Simmons is justified in replacing him (not that I believe that is true)...is a little unfair....

I would be interested to compare Peachey's stats on such at the same age as Simmo is now!!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:

Tackle completion Peachey 65.89% & Simmons 59.45%, so defence is NOT as good.

source NRL Stats - Big League

millersnose

Post Whore
Nullajet said:
There is no doubt Simmons hs shown improvement and well he should....all players should improve at his age.

I think those comparisons to peach, whilst relevant to the argument that Simmons is justified in replacing him (not that I believe that is true)...is a little unfair....

I would be interested to compare Peachey's stats on such at the same age as Simmo is now!!

maybe a few shifts of the goalposts will make peachey look good

/sacred mooo

pogo

Juniors
maybe 50% of peacheys tackles were blokes that ran into him:lol:

what a joke, then again maybe he could come back from the uk and teach simmons the knock down intercept he spent a career attempting to perfect!

simmons is just putting egg all over his detractors dials!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
pogo said:
simmons is just putting egg all over his detractors dials!
How?
To d othat he would be after 50 games approaching peachy at his best. Minni at his best. Hodgo at his best. Wesser at his best. slater at his best. Inglis at his best. thaiday at his best. Webb at his best. Bowen at his best.

Millers, if you think that Simmons is anywhere near those players, because he gets picked in a city jersey, then I think you spent too much time in amsterdam.
he is not a pimple on those blokes back sides.
He is not even in the top 16 fullbacks in the NRL now!!!(Slater & Lockyer)

$h@rk$

Juniors
lets not forget that peach is MUCH more experienced then young simmons. give a little more time to perfectly adapt comfortably to the team then he can think of his own attacks like peach did.

imasharkie

Coach
He is not even in the top 16 fullbacks in the NRL now!!!(Slater & Lockyer)

I always rated Schifovsky as the worst fullback in the NRL but Simmons is below him.
I rate Covell a better fullback than Simmons. He should be given the job. Simmons to ply his trade, :lol: , in the PL.

Latest posts