What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Warner behaviour

Wizardman

First Grade
As good as he is with a cricket bat, it is time to start suspending this prick. Im absolutely tired of our players behaving this way and Warner is getting away with murder.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
He's certainly the worst of the bunch at the moment. It's annoying because he's fantastic to watch bat, but the more he acts like a dickhead the less enjoyment you get from him batting as a neutral fan.

Wizardman

First Grade
Cricket is played with a fairly peaceful nature in most areas of the world. None of this bullshit pops up in the WI v SA series or the NZ v SL ones. Yet, we have picked fights with all four of these nations on a cricket field.

Meth

Staff member
It's a fine line. I enjoy the aggression. But Warner is just an embarrassment really. Wasn't he calling for an end of sledging a fortnight ago?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So go watch netball.

The Indians were giving it to him deluxe in their mother language after he asked if the ball deflected off their pads and they took an extra run and he told them to speak English, good on him.

ggmu

Juniors
With Dale Steyn as intense as he is. I'd bet South Africa have their far share of blow up with other teams. Same as a few West Indians.

Still I agree Warner is a dickhead.

Wizardman

First Grade
It is extremely bogan-like behaviour. Not something I want to represent my country. Sledging does not make you "tough".... I wouldn't call someone like Mike Hussey "weak"

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think think it only happens in cricket and Dave Warner is the only one who does it ?

Why single him out ?

Happens in every sport I've ever played.

I don't think any more or less of Hussy because he doesn't sledge, but I don't think any more or less of Warner because he does.

Meth

Staff member
Do you think think it only happens in cricket and Dave Warner is the only one who does it ?

Why single him out ?

Really confusing defence.

No, it happens in all sports and Warner is not the only one who does it…but he's definitely one of the most persistent and one of the worst, for sure. That's why he is being singled out.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, what a bad guy

the ball was suspected of deflecting off Sharma's pads and they took an extra run

Warners asked him if it hit his pads, Sharma replied in Hindi so Warner asked him to speak English

yeh, he should be banned for life, but its OK for Sharma to respond to him in a different language, what was he hiding ?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't really care but fining them a percentage of their match fee is nothing to superstars like David Warner. He's basically paying a 2k act like an arsehole tax from a 5 million plus income.

So if the ICC are actually serious about stopping sledging they need to actually suspend players for it. Of course they aren't because it gets people watching.

Haffa

Everyone is so precious these days.

I imagine worse was said before we stuck a mic in every blade of grass.

Surely

Post Whore
It would be a great idea to remove theatre from cricket, its too exciting as it is without the added fizz.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Been happening for a century but now we have mics in the stumps so we can all hear it.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The issue many seem to be taking here isn't the isolated incident, it's the culmination of incidents, the majority of them always seems to involve Warner in some capacity.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It gives the rest of the cricketing world something to whinge about. You can tell its an ashes year because Agnew took a cheap shot at Australia sledging using Phil Hughes as a weapon. Its racism against Australia I say. :crazy: