What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DAVIS CUP FINAL

chileman

Coach
LLEYTON HEWITT had his wish to get square with Spain's Juan Carlos Ferrero granted yesterday when he was drawn to play the opening match of the Davis Cup final against Spain. Game is live right now on channel 7, 91st Cup Final and Australia have made 47 of them!

Go Aussies!

chileman

Coach
Lleyton won the toss but I guess wanted the early break so asked Ferrero to serve first.....early in the first set going with serve!

AUS 1
ESP 2

Mighty Tiger

Bench
chileman said:
Lleyton has a chance to break Ferrero right now but he is leading the 4th 4-3!

He broke and then did the worst game I have ever seen from anyone to win a set :(

Oh well dosn't matter hewitt's fighting spirit has just made him win the 4th set 7-6 (7-0 in the TB) after the opening point he seem right down and out but in typical Hewitt fashion he managed to win the point

Look out Spain the little Aussie is coming home strong :D

chileman

Coach
I don't want to sound to confident but Lleyton looks like he's all over him now....broke Ferreros first serve in the last set

Raider_69

Post Whore
feddo or what ever his name is just got back from 0-40 to maintain serve

3-2 hewitts way

Alan Shore

First Grade
Sucked in Spainards! It's revenge time for 2000. Mark Woodforde must have nightmares of his tennis career, with that tie being his swansong.

Megalomaniac

Juniors
A big congratulations out to the Australian team after re-claiming the Davis Cup! Also a big congrats should go out to the Spanish team, especially Juan Carlos Ferrero after playing two spectacular matches. Phillipousis has became the new national hero after today's victory and how courageous was that battle!

Australia wins -
3:1