What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Jones or Michael Bevan?

John_Travolta

Juniors
Dean jones, he was one of the greatest one day players in the game. Pitty about his big mouth lol, he was the quickest between wickets in the world aswell in his prime. So Deano for sure for me. Bevan is the best currently tho in the world in ONE DAYERS THOUGH.

Troy

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bevan is the master at getting us over the line.

Hard decision.

Deano's career was shorter, there was not that manu ODIs then, and we've seen a lot of Bevan so he had more time to impress.

Deano batted at No 3 and Bevan at 5/6, so he has had more chances to get us over the line.

Very hard decision, Bevan by a wisker.

John T, one of the best things about Deano was his big mouth, I have more respect for some one like Deano for speaking his piece, and I don't know if he would beat Bevo over 22 metres.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well, I loved watching Deano - I saw a superb 145 at the Gabba by him, but I think Ponting will take his mantle Australia's best number 3.
Bevo is a 5 or 6 as Twizzle pointed out, so I would take him, and have Ponting at three.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
Yeah he did that in in very quick time if I remember correctly, he was great, shame they never let him back

Azkatro

First Grade
Matt23 said:
Bevan...daylight...Jones

Haha.. you're kidding yourself mate. If it wasn't for Deano Bevan would be a nothing. Deano reshaped one day cricket in his day. If he was playing now, at a younger age of course, he'd be doing something different that would be revolutionising the game all over again.

Deano broke the mould. Bevan merely helped fill the new one.

Macca

Coach
Bevan is the world's number one batsmen in that form of cricket today, Jones was only ever top 5, never number one and the game has come a long way since then.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Colonel Eel said:
Deano....... If we were setting a target.

Bevan ......... if we were chasing one.

Sory Colonel, you've gotta pick your team before you toss, not after it.

Latest posts