What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young - Backrow

hardbaby

Coach
Wow, talk about being precious. Re-read the thread. Nobody has bagged Deano. Nobody even referenced the Knights game. I have offered an opinion that, by season end, competition for backrow spots may force Young may to miss out. I have also explained why. It doesn't mean he's not a good player or a great clubman. It's an opinion. That's why we have forums. Get over it.

The Nick

Bench
Wow, talk about being precious. Re-read the thread. Nobody has bagged Deano. Nobody even referenced the Knights game. I have offered an opinion that, by season end, competition for backrow spots may force Young may to miss out. I have also explained why. It doesn't mean he's not a good player or a great clubman. It's an opinion. That's why we have forums. Get over it.

Seriously, you have no fkn idea! The only thing that will see Dean Young outside the 17 is injury.

Bring back choc

Juniors
When Dan hunt comes back our bench will be good.

De belin was man of the match for me. He made a huge impact. When I knock prior all the time this is why. Jack made more of an impact in 30 mins than prior did all last year. Simple.

Personally, even though we won, I would put Scott in the back row. I was ok with the decision to play him in the centers but he can easily defend their playing in the back row.

I think vidot could slot in at centre.

De belin could start, but inclined to bring him off the bench for maximum impact.

# 1 pack: hunt, rein, weyman, creagh, Scott, young.

Bench: merrin, de belin, fien, au mau/prior

gypsy

Bench
Haha BBC you have changed your tune.
You said De Belin was five years away just a few months ago.....dear oh dear

Louiethefly

Juniors
When Dan hunt comes back our bench will be good.

De belin was man of the match for me. He made a huge impact. When I knock prior all the time this is why. Jack made more of an impact in 30 mins than prior did all last year. Simple.

Personally, even though we won, I would put Scott in the back row. I was ok with the decision to play him in the centers but he can easily defend their playing in the back row.

I think vidot could slot in at centre.

De belin could start, but inclined to bring him off the bench for maximum impact.

# 1 pack: hunt, rein, weyman, creagh, Scott, young.

Bench: merrin, de belin, fien, au mau/prior

Poor Latimore, I thought he played quite well.

Jack De Ripper

Juniors
Price has started JDB in the last two games ... Young looks to be a benchy for as long as JDB is fit.

Will be really interesting to see how a few of the new blokes develop ... We may be in the twilight of a great career.

Efresh

Coach
While I agree with the sentiment that it is getting competitive for spots in the top 17, until I see De Belin, Prior or Scott put in even 75% of the effort Young puts in I can't see Young missing out. Every great team has someone like him who just keeps going no matter how busted he is and that lifts the rest of the team.

possm

Coach
I have said it before, Young is a great clubman however, he is not fully fit and has not been for a long time now.

We have some injuries and some new players coming up to scratch and sooner or later Price will have to choose between 6 fully fit players to fill four spots on the bench.

woodley_11

Juniors
With the exception of injury, Young will never get sacked. He played great on Thursday, as he did throughout 2011. Without even looking at his individual performance though, he is a huge leader and his presence has a massive impact on the team. Prior is the forward who has to worry about his position in the pack in my opinion.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Poor Latimore, I thought he played quite well.
For what's it worth, he did play well. According to the stats: 30 tackles in 43 minutes of game time. That's up there with De Belin and Merrin who were on for over 50 minutes.

Btw, Merrin has some very impressive figures, topping both the all-run metres (183) and tackle count (33) for Saints.

Link

The Nick

Bench
Price has started JDB in the last two games ... Young looks to be a benchy for as long as JDB is fit.

Will be really interesting to see how a few of the new blokes develop ... We may be in the twilight of a great career.

Let's not forget that De Belin is still a rookie, so it might be a bit ambitious to expect him to be solid week in, week out. It takes a while to adjust to the weekly grind of NRL football, especially for young forwards. On the other hand, I know exactly what service we'll get from an experienced campaigner such as Dean Young each week.

Latest posts