What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young

jpaciocco91

Juniors
I also forgot about ol' Priddo, was he released or something? And what about Head? Surely Wayne would consider using him to spark our attacking woes

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Young will aim up this week and make up for his mistakes last week. Plays with heart and passion. He is better suited to the backrow but for Benny to keep him at hooker he must see something in him we don't and who are we to judge a call by Benny.

Paea is gone guys. Give up on it. He was awesome but is a scum Dog so who cares what he does from here. Jon Green and Saffy deserve a run ahead of him. I reckon Jon Green was excellent when he played for the Saints this season.

Vic Mackey

Referee
one of my mates played flegg and reserve grade with dean young, he is still good mates with matt head and ashton simms.

he said dean young was a tool and no one in the team liked him, they all thought he was an average player who got looked after by the club.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Your mate wouldn't be bitter that he's not in 1st grade, would he?

could be, but he told me at the time when neither were playing firsts. the only player he has ever said a bad word about is dean young. he is happy for all th other guys who have gone on to have a career in firsts. my mate had to retire due to injury.

Me personaly think it was a great decison two take the 2 points
but I did have 50 on that to be 1st scoring play at
$8.50. Was the only bit of happiness I had left after the game

Mr Red

First Grade
hmmmm dean young - pro's and cons...
he is starting to remind me a bit of what happened with Lance Thompson - another player with more heart and passion then most, but also lacked the talent of others in the team... will dean young head the same way?

he is obviously not a hooker - but we still dont have better options there, Fien is a bench player not a starting hooker.

as for the backrow - not really dynamic enough there in the days of the modern backrower - tall rangy, running wide of the ruck aka Creagh and Prior....

bench player? - well not really dynamic enough for that either, not the type of impact player you need coming off the bench - he is the 80 minute player..

Lock perhaps? and move smith to the back row where smith is capable of playing that wide running role, and move prior to the bench... could we use Dean Young like Melbourne use Dallas Johnson - no frills 80 minutes of tough tackling and running?? However since his knee operation i doubt he may have the mobility and pace required to even fill that role?

its a real tough one as without doubt has more passion for the club then most, and with his dad in the coaching staff as well i see Young playing a part in the club for many years yet... however which piece of the puzzle will he fit?

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
pretty sure dean young kicked a kitten across the room last night.

that and he stole a kid's toy, broke it and gave it back to him.

grandorient

Bench
I just Love these Dean Young "hate" threads.

Here we have a man for all intents and purposes, playing out of position and still doing awesome work for a full 80 minutes. Yes I suppose he is a little like Lance, in that he has absolute passion and tackles well and hard for 80 mins. In addition though, Young has enormous amounts of enthusiasm and is always in the thick of everything.

For mine, I'd have Deano in my team every week. Bit like Sailor actually, past his best, but they bring an enormous amount of spirit into the side, which is very difficult to replace. On top of that, they both do their job well, although perhaps, not as well as other top flight forwards and wingers.

GO

mightydragon

Juniors
Dean Young is an 80 minute player but if missing two one on one tackles leading to tries is doing his job for Wayne Bennett then we are in trouble.