What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Mr. Gallop

Dally mate, to steal a line from raayyyyyyy,

We're going to Central and you're on the XPT through Fassifern....

AFL have prefaced their intention to spend whatever money it takes and they have plenty. We need to stop just saying "we're ok" and fight these f**kers or our own apathy will be their greatest weapon.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The thing is we don't need to worry about AFL what we need is to build our sport up particularly in Sydney, rid our game of all the doom and gloom start being proactive etc and the rest will take care of itself. AFL will just be an after thought they will have to feed on crumbs and handouts.

League is a massive and lucrative sport, otherwise News wouldn't bother with it.

lol witty.

He's a softcock of the highest order. I dealt with him before he became the CEO of the ARL/NSWRL, whatever it was, as I don't believe I've ever had to work with anyone weaker.

Dally mate, to steal a line from raayyyyyyy,

We're going to Central and you're on the XPT through Fassifern....

AFL have prefaced their intention to spend whatever money it takes and they have plenty. We need to stop just saying "we're ok" and fight these f**kers or our own apathy will be their greatest weapon.

they dont have unlimited resources.

the facts are that their current expansion teams are failing except for crowds.

adding new teams could not only cost them millions, but also kill of the swans and lions.

we have just expanded to the gold coast. new stadium, massive crowds. its AFL that has missed the boat.

i have grave doubts about an afl team on the GC.

the key thing is the tv deal. if its a good one well have enough money for 2 more teams and a salary cap of 7 or 8 million.

given where the game has come from since 2000 to now, its going quite well.

crowds are growing, slowly but still growing.

ratings are fantastic and revenues are up.

just to remind people of this year so far :

1. crowds expected to break all time record.
2. good crowd for test in sydney
3. massive TV ratings for test in sydney
4. highest ever TV ratings for origin, indeed as good as the AFL GF last year
5. a WC which is selling lots of tickets.

when we expand to perth, wellington, the central coast and another queensland club within the next decade or so, the game will be even bigger than today.

and today it is bigger than afl

I'm not arguing that. You're underestimating the enemy.

A poor option.

look at the money thrown at the swans since the early 80s and they still struggle.

same with the lions.

if its not working for those team with all their on field success, why a gold coast team or Western sydney?

theyve missed the boat on the gold coast. if they put a team in there it will be a joke vs the titans.

same with WS.

ive heard the same bs the AFL have now with union after the 03 WC.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
1. crowds expected to break all time record.
2. good crowd for test in sydney
3. massive TV ratings for test in sydney
4. highest ever TV ratings for origin, indeed as good as the AFL GF last year
5. a WC which is selling lots of tickets.

when we expand to perth, wellington, the central coast and another queensland club within the next decade or so, the game will be even bigger than today.

and today it is bigger than afl

What needs to happen is for these to be shouted from the rooftops by our administrators.

At the moment, all we hear about is death.

IanG

Coach
Yeah I agree get rid of Gallop cuz I've called for him to go for the last few years. I'm somebody that will always be a leaguey. Despite the fact my ex wanted to conver me to AFL I'm hard headed about it. Thing I'm concerned about is the idea that the AFL wanna buy ANZ Stadium.

Problem is we've been too accepting in NSW and QLD where as in the Southern States tehy have that seige mentallity where basically it's a case of if it aint ALF tehy don't wanna know about it. As for the Melbourne Storm, how many of their supporters are actually fully Victorian or are they all ex-pats from NSW, QLD or New Zealand?

Promoting League in the Southern States is like trying to promote cricket in the USA. Your on a hiding to nothing

What needs to happen is for these to be shouted from the rooftops by our administrators.

At the moment, all we hear about is death.

some of us should email the media with them.

ive sent stuff to roy masters sometimes.

of course some good spin will help but in the end of the day you cant polish a turd.

AFL with all the money theyve spent on ads in sydney and its still going sh*t.

the most important thing for RL is the value of our next TV deal.

if its a good one, well achieve everything we want to via expansion and a raised SC.

flamin

Juniors
the most important thing for RL is the value of our next TV deal.

if its a good one, well achieve everything we want to via expansion and a raised SC.

We can't sit around until then and hope that we get a decent TV deal even though we got screwed over last time. The AFL is already going ahead with a campaign of expansion worth hundreds of millions of dollars within the next few years. By 2012 a lot will have changed.

What we need is a plan and action for rugby league until the next TV deal.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
As much as I want it, I believe we will be ripped off again. The AFL is rushing through 2 new teams, why, so as to cash in on the next TV deal. What are we doing, waiting. Waiting until AFTER the next deal so as we can't get the money we deserve. It is starting to become clearer and clearer. I just shake my head, here we have the people responsible for the well being of our game, helping our greatest rival! It's just surreal.