What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deja Vu all over again - almost

spider

Coach
lol - or course it is inferno, as long as its 2 points

i wish others had that attitude at the end of the day

The meterage may have been fairly equal but ours was made with a hell of a lot less sets than the queens
which would mean our forwards were the better - shame the half back did not capatilise off the back of it hey???????

Stonecutter

First Grade
Speaking of Deja Vu, How ironic was the Beau Scott uncontested error 30 metres out from the Dragons end. I laughed nice and long after that one.

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
Hey you have to admit that was a pretty good defensive effort on the Sharks behalf. I am so pleased we got our nose in front and for once we didn't get run down. No it wasn't pretty and yes we should have put more on them, but the way I see it, a win is a win is a win and the way we been travelling the last few seasons I'll take a win anyday. Just my humble 2 bobs worth.

spider

Coach
Stonecutter said:
Speaking of Deja Vu, How ironic was the Beau Scott uncontested error 30 metres out from the Dragons end. I laughed nice and long after that one.
not forgetting we scored from it too

Dorsel

Juniors
fizman said:
Frankly I agree. To beat the team coming 2nd last with 12 men for 35 minutes and to win by 4 points is an outstanding effort.

History will tell you that send offs inspire teams and that they often even win...........we defended well and won the game with one debutante and one clearly unfit player in the halves not forgetting SOO and injuries .......2 points........end of story

spider

Coach
Dorsel said:
History will tell you that send offs inspire teams and that they often even win
it can also tell you that the side reduced to 12 men cops a thumping
we defended well
so we should of - we had an extra man
and won the game with one debutante and one clearly unfit player in the halves not forgetting SOO and injuries .......2 points........end of story
i agree, its 2 points and that is great for us

and how pathetic were the saints when attacking our goal line

any other team last night would have dusted us with that much attacking possession on us

tlk

Bench
mate we could play sh*t house but as long as we get that 2 pts its ok
we were always guna struggle
were missing sum of our best but still we got the points!

tlk

Bench
spider said:
it can also tell you that the side reduced to 12 men cops a thumping
i recall a game vs newy wen we wre down gallen but won....

so we should of - we had an extra man
i agree, its 2 points and that is great for us

and how pathetic were the saints when attacking our goal line

any other team last night would have dusted us with that much attacking possession on us
but it wasnt any other team so case closed

Stonecutter

First Grade
Inferno said:
lol, just watched the game today.

Dykes was very average.

His injuries are starting to take a toll on his playing ability. Compare him to last year, Dykes this year is well below that standard. :(

Inferno

Coach
Also add to that he has already signed elsewhere and has allegedly asked for a release.

Have to wonder whether his focus is 100% on us or not.

millersnose

Post Whore
i dont question the guys commitment

and he got a nasty whack to the ear which probably threw him off

frankly he was never really that good anyway.....

Inferno

Coach
Agreed Millers.

Personally I blame Ricky Stuart for selecting him every week he is available.

Stonecutter

First Grade
millersnose said:
yeah me too

bad selection

bird is a great 5/8

Bird is an even greater lock. Watts from our current crop of players looks to be the best replacement imo.