What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delays to restarts for more ads!!!

nadera78

Juniors
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
Well soccer's a bit different, isn't it mate? It's impossible to put ads in the middle of a soccer match. Even when nine had the '02 world cup they showed it uninterrupted.

Where as in League there's plenty of stops in play, so there's an opportunity to do it.

I'd be in favour of them stopping the clock when the referee awards a try. The other good thing is time wouldn't restart until kickoff, which could set up exciting finishes to games with close scorelines. Eg: team 'X' scores with 30sec on the clock, convert and are 4 points behind. They'd get the ball again with that time remaining from the restart.

TBH I don't think it would matter what sport it was, they just wouldn't get away with it over here. Bugs the hell out of me when watching NRL games here and you guys go for a break and Ray Warren whispers really quietly "hello everyone taking our telecast overseas, just stay with us while we take a short break over here."

Just as long as it doesn't end up with TV telling us when we can take re-starts like tap penalties and stuf, just like in American Football when the players end up standing around for 3 minutes.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Time should be taken off when:
a) The ball goes out.
b) Penalty goal attempt.
c) Try conversion attempt.
Take the ad breaks then.

Latest posts