What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denan Kemp

imasharkie

Coach
Vossy just said on FNF that the Warriors were looking to unload Denan Kemp at the end of the season.
Kemp is speedy and can kick goals and could play fullback, wing or centre.
I'd love to see him at the Sharks.
Thoughts.

island pro

Juniors
Of the current bunch he would be fighting for a spot with Stapo, Ferguson and Covell.

I know he has speed but he was poor at the Warriors this season and I don't really believe that he would be an upgrade on Cov.

I say no thanks.

Inferno

Coach
Of the current bunch he would be fighting for a spot with Stapo, Ferguson and Covell.

I know he has speed but he was poor at the Warriors this season and I don't really believe that he would be an upgrade on Cov.

I say no thanks.

and what's wrong with that?

imasharkie

Coach
Your opinion island but I believe he has failed at the Warriors due to the Warriors playing poorly and when they attack they tend to go down Manu's side, cause he can score a try.
Kemp was a try scoring machine at the Broncs and with Barrett throwing long cut-out passes, I reckon Kemp would be an able replacement for Covel as he is a hell of a lot faster than the snail.

mortz

yeh please
they dont need him, there future is locke, kemp would be an upgrade over cov, kicks and is faster

DJDL

Bench
He's the type of player who has me yearning for the halcyon days of Brett Howland.
Rank-average, at best

mortz

if he is average, what are cov wright and brown?
he scored 20 tries in his rookie year, when was the last time a sharks player did that in any year?

Surely

Post Whore
he scored 20 tries in his rookie year, when was the last time a sharks player did that in any year?

You have to look at the quality of the other players in the team. Teams like brisbane choc full of rep players have a habit of making wingers look good. Then they get good money to go to clubs like souths sharks warriors and play accordingly, very average.

Wing would be the last position we need to fill, our centres are rooted, halves are ordinary and props while good solid workhorses lack any real impact, and lets not even start talking about hooker.

imasharkie

Coach
You have to look at the quality of the other players in the team. Teams like brisbane choc full of rep players have a habit of making wingers look good. Then they get good money to go to clubs like souths sharks warriors and play accordingly, very average.

Wing would be the last position we need to fill, our centres are rooted, halves are ordinary and props while good solid workhorses lack any real impact, and lets not even start talking about hooker.

Darius Boyd is one of them, apparantly.

So your saying Surely that Covel is a better proposition than Kemp. Well thats your opinion, me I'd prefer Kemp ( younger and faster)

Surely

Post Whore
Darius Boyd is one of them, apparantly.

So was leon bott.

So your saying Surely that Covel is a better proposition than Kemp. Well thats your opinion, me I'd prefer Kemp ( younger and faster)

Each to their own, just think its a waste of money chasing wingers unless they are exceptional.

DJDL

Bench

Cov is old and slow. Still possesses a good footy brian though and is capable of some brilliant things, though they are getting fewer and further between. I have no problem with the club moving on with a better player. Kemp is not.

Matt Wright is a NSW U18 and Australian Schoolboys rep. and is playing his first year of NRL as an 18 year old. He has not set the world on fire, true, but I would argue that is because he plays right, and we rarely head that way in attack. His defence has improved markedly in his second stint in the top grade and although he hasn't made any significant impact I've been impressed with how he has come along in a short space of time.

Brown is just an average first grader, no doubt. But I would not trade him for Kemp. The only thing Kemp possesses over Brown is speed, but Mitch has him well and truly covered in every other facet of the game.

he scored 20 tries in his rookie year,

And yet the Broncos saw fit to punt him at the end of that year.
And now, less than 12 months down the track, the Warriors are seemingly happy to let him go.

Why is that I wonder?

when was the last time a sharks player did that in any year?

From memory, Simmo about 2 or 3 years ago.

mortz

Cov is old and slow. Still possesses a good footy brian though and is capable of some brilliant things, though they are getting fewer and further between. I have no problem with the club moving on with a better player. Kemp is not.

Matt Wright is a NSW U18 and Australian Schoolboys rep. and is playing his first year of NRL as an 18 year old. He has not set the world on fire, true, but I would argue that is because he plays right, and we rarely head that way in attack. His defence has improved markedly in his second stint in the top grade and although he hasn't made any significant impact I've been impressed with how he has come along in a short space of time.

Brown is just an average first grader, no doubt. But I would not trade him for Kemp. The only thing Kemp possesses over Brown is speed, but Mitch has him well and truly covered in every other facet of the game.

And yet the Broncos saw fit to punt him at the end of that year.
And now, less than 12 months down the track, the Warriors are seemingly happy to let him go.

Why is that I wonder?

From memory, Simmo about 2 or 3 years ago.

bad memory, simmo never scored 20 tries in a season
agree with what you say on wright, but mitch brown is a useless hack
the broncs didnt punt him either, they just couldnt match the warriors offer

chewsta

First Grade
Kemp, was far from impressive last night.
Locke (i think is his name) does look the goods though. VERY QUICK!

Latest posts