What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dene Haleatau

TigerMo

Juniors
HappyTiger said:
Biglance said:
he is nothing awesome he can hardly crack the tigers first grade
You havnt seen many Tigers games obviously.He's played about 80% of our games this year and makes a strong impact week in week out.He deserves a spot but wether or not he gets one is another thing.One things for sure he's well ahead of any Warriors player.

Exactly. He's been the Tigers most consistent all season. After the 2 weeks of 50 point floggings, there was only one player who could hold his head high, and that was Dene Halatau.

His impact and utility value of the bench is exactly what NZ need.

Dale.2.

Juniors
At this stage of his developement he'd be a perfect bench player for the kiwis but after they left out Rauhihi last time it wouldn't surprise me if they dont even know that he is elligable to play for them let alone rate him.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Definately a future rep player. He is such a powerful and damaging runner. Been one of the Tigers best and plays great off the bench. NZ really should have him on the bench

Biglance

Bench
ud be a superstar if ur playing 100% of the games

dene was hopeless against the dragons turnstile defence and ive seen heaps of tigers games matie

skeepe

Immortal
I've had big wraps on Halatau for some time now. If he was playing for a more recognised team he'd be getting a hell of a lot more attention than he does now. Great player with a great future.

White Tiger

Juniors
Dragons Cross said:
Is he the bloke that Gasnier scored 3 tries on?? Quality!

For such a champion team you must leading the comp!!!

Oh no that's right your 2points ahead of the Tigers!!

skeepe

Immortal
Dragons Cross said:

I see your line of thinking. He has one bad game when he's young, so therefore he's a terrible player. Mate, you mustn't think anyone in the NRL is good if you use that logic.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Halatau is much better at second-row than centre.

He hits the line hard and straight every time and has excellent leg drive.

He is going to be a gun.

tiger_nick

Bench
Dragons Cross said:

:roll:

Well for starters he scored 4 tries and no Scott prince was defending @ center.

Maybe you should actually watch some games before you comment.

Tigerpete

Juniors
No disrespect meant to you lance but your opinion on Dene doesnt exactly match the thoughts of anyone who has seen plenty of Tigers games. Infact your comments sound like the thoughts of someone who saw 2 games , Both against the dragons.

As for Dene and the Kiwis. He's a smokey i feel. He certainly wont be seen as a starter but more as the utility on the bench and he wouldnt look out of place either. My gut feeling tells me it will be next season though.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
He definetly shouldnt be in the centres as he can get cut up out there. However should be strongly considered for a utility role of the bench.

Iafeta

Referee
Okay, so we're saying he shouldn't be a centre. He's not going to be five eighth, I'm thinking young Ropati might be the bolter for there. He's a pretty confident runner with quick hands which is what the Kiwis will go after. So that leaves the pack and the bench; Jason Cayless, Robbie Paul, Paul Rauhihi, Galuvao, Puletua, Wiki Bench possibilities Kidwell, Nathan Cayless, Kearney, Faumuina, Lauitiiti, Asotasi, Frank Pritchard, Williams, possibly Tonie Carroll who Daniel Anderson is chasing, Monty Betham is an Anderson favourite, Koopu has had a good season, Vinnie Anderson is versatile centre of backrow (his younger brother is also a young gun), Joe Vagana, Paleaaesina is the best at the Warriors so he'll be there or thereabouts - deadset, where do you fit the guy??? He may be ahead of Betham and Koopu, but Cayless, Kidwell was the Kiwis best in the last test, Faumuina is versatile with good ball skills, Lauitiiti is in excellent form over in England, Williams is a freak, Tonie Carroll is hard as nails and is seriously considering an approach from Daniel Anderson, Kearney is closing on the Kiwis test record... I know Daniel Anderson has drafted a list of 81 ""potentially"" New Zealand players which Dene is a part of, but then again so are Willie Tonga, Anthony Tupou and Karmichael Hunt whom I am led to believe will not choose New Zealand as their allegiance.

Where?

Latest posts