What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des Hasler signs with Bulldogs until 2019

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Good, that club has too many issues from within I'd be surprised is he lasts the distance.
Some of the 'old school' will see to that.

The only problem now is that because Doust lacked so much foresight, there ain't much left on the shop floor.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I pray to footy the Gods that the current streak is not a false dawn and Mary can actually coach otherwise we are in the shitter. It seems inevitable now that he will be retained. Doust and the boys club have all the excuses in the world now.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I can't believe some of the talk from our supporters. We're back to the Hail Mary banners already.

Yes, we are going well, very well, but it's still WAY too early. Let's not forget, whilst the team has been showing up, our opposition has been woeful in the last 5 weeks (excluding the Eels). The real test is the next 6 weeks.

I'm sick of this club being too reactionary, let's wait at least another few months and see where we are then. There's no rush for this.

Crush

Coach
I am being very cautious about this good form but a raiders supporter friend of mine who called dragons for the spoon before the season called us legit after watching 5 rounds.
Dragons are for real and its only going to get better from here. They have depth in the forwards and will be hard to dominate. Their defense is so organised that they don't panic when having to defend repeat sets. There is no way that they will finish outside the 8 unless crippled by injuries.
This from a Raiders supporter.

Life's Good

Coach
I can't believe some of the talk from our supporters. We're back to the Hail Mary banners already.

Yes, we are going well, very well, but it's still WAY too early. Let's not forget, whilst the team has been showing up, our opposition has been woeful in the last 5 weeks (excluding the Eels). The real test is the next 6 weeks.
I'm sick of this club being too reactionary, let's wait at least another few months and see where we are then. There's no rush for this.

On the contrary TRVR. I think most of us feel like you in that we need to see our performance improve against the better sides to gauge where we really are placed in the pecking order. The lack of available coaches is now a concern on a couple of levels 1. McGregor can get comfy with no pressure to deliver as there are very few replacement options & 2. McGregor can get comfy with no pressure to deliver as there are very few replacement options. In other words if we aren't the real deal(at least a genuine top 8 contender based on rounds 1-5) then we are in for a year as tough as originally thought. The next 3 weeks will tell us.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I am being very cautious about this good form but a raiders supporter friend of mine who called dragons for the spoon before the season called us legit after watching 5 rounds.
Dragons are for real and its only going to get better from here. They have depth in the forwards and will be hard to dominate. Their defense is so organised that they don't panic when having to defend repeat sets. There is no way that they will finish outside the 8 unless crippled by injuries.
This from a Raiders supporter.
It's definitely good, but a team with great attack would expose our right side eventually. And I'm still not sure our attack could penetrate teams like Storm for example.

Old Timer

Coach
dragons fowards will dominate storms
Please explain what happened against the Eels and are you saying Eels are better than Storm?
Storm will wrestle us to death as always and even if we finish slightly ahead in the pigs their backs especially the wingers are lethal how will we counter that?

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Please explain what happened against the Eels and are you saying Eels are better than Storm?
Storm will wrestle us to death as always and even if we finish slightly ahead in the pigs their backs especially the wingers are lethal how will we counter that?
hopefully saints prove you wrong

Crush

Coach
hopefully saints prove you wrong
It wouldn't be the first time. Before Panthers OT told me that dragons would get destroyed, he even outlined how panthers would take us apart.
Yeah, that didn't happen.....
I'm with you Alec's-saints, dragons forwards will dominate Storms.

FlameThrower

Bench
What a bizarre situation...
Des on the outer, Mortimer a club legend quits the board, playing like rubbish and win in a scrappy game then they extend his contract....seriously...what a joke..