What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des looking shaky at Manly

big hit!

Bench
I just got the dumbest text out of the blue from a non-Manly supporting ex-work colleague I haven't spoken to in years;

"Hey ......., Des has been sacked. Will this make a difference to the Sea Eagles?"

What the f**king f**k do you reckon you muppet!! (is what I feel like replying).

The only conclusion I can come to is that you've most likely been an obnoxious Manly supporting merkin over the years, and he thinks this is a great opportunity to remind you of it.

Chippy73

Bench
The only conclusion I can come to is that you've most likely been an obnoxious Manly supporting merkin over the years, and he thinks this is a great opportunity to remind you of it.
lol probably

Attachments

• Bilsey reeees.gif
    Bilsey reeees.gif
    542.4 KB · Views: 6

Munky

Coach
Eddie Jones is no mug.

He coached Japan to a win over South Africa in a union world cup which is ridiculous.

If he tried is hand at League with a decent squad I think he'd do OK.

Colk

First Grade
Eddie Jones is no mug.

He coached Japan to a win over South Africa in a union world cup which is ridiculous.

Definitely.

There are good coaches in that sport even if their game itself is ordinary. Considering also that there are probably not enough good coaches in the game, poaching coaches from other sports is not a bad option. It is also not like that doesn’t happen in other sports - Ric Charlesworth is an example

Munky

Coach
Definitely.

There are good coaches in that sport even if their game itself is ordinary. Considering also that there are probably not enough good coaches in the game, poaching coaches from other sports is not a bad option. It is also not like that doesn’t happen in other sports - Ric Charlesworth is an example

Agree, I'm of the opinion it's not a player talent problem but a coaching issue.

In the 2021 season right edge defence was absolutely abysmal. Good attacking teams could just go left and score every time notably against Manly and the Titans at the start of the season.

Manly tightened up that edge but the Titans still concede every raid.

Surely this is a coaching issue?

In the 2022 GF Moses lost the game by doing a nothing kick when under no pressure in the seventeenth minute direct to Edwards who ran it back and offloaded to To'o who went another twenty metres. To'o scored four tackles later.

In what world is the game plan not to kick to the smallest player on the field in Staines. Especially when under no pressure. Although I could be giving the tank commander too much credit since he struggled to keep kicks inbound the week before.

Truly mind boggling stuff.

Colk

First Grade
Agree, I'm of the opinion it's not a player talent problem but a coaching issue.

In the 2021 season right edge defence was absolutely abysmal. Good attacking teams could just go left and score every time notably against Manly and the Titans at the start of the season.

Manly tightened up that edge but the Titans still concede every raid.

Surely this is a coaching issue?

In the 2022 GF Moses lost the game by doing a nothing kick when under no pressure in the seventeenth minute direct to Edwards who ran it back and offloaded to To'o who went another twenty metres. To'o scored four tackles later.

In what world is the game plan not to kick to the smallest player on the field in Staines. Especially when under no pressure. Although I could be giving the tank commander too much credit since he struggled to keep kicks inbound the week before.

Truly mind boggling stuff.

Exactly.

Plenty of great athletes in the game and you’d probably fill a few extra sides with great athletic forwards and backs but it is the tactics and spine play which is the big difference.

Some of that is unequal distribution of spine players whilst on the other end it is on poor tactics and coaching.

Even looking beyond all that, there is nothing really that special about League as a game/entity that you couldn’t get somebody from any successful sporting organisation and plonk them in a league club and get their culture, operations and all the off field stuff right. To me it is mind boggling that somebody like the Warriors haven’t at least tried that yet - get somebody from the Crusaders or some other well run Union organisation over there and let them run everything in consultation with somebody from a League background like Andrew Webster.

t-ba

Post Whore
Eddie Jones is no mug.

He is a very sharp operator but I do wonder if age will catch up to him if came over to league.

Would love to have him in some kind of director role.

Unless the Penns unleash some of that low calorie bar money that ain't happening.

Munky

Coach
He is a very sharp operator but I do wonder if age will catch up to him if came over to league.

Would love to have him in some kind of director role.

Unless the Penns unleash some of that low calorie bar money that ain't happening.

I think he is like Skeletor and just breathes the sport and will do so until he either dies or goes senile.

You don't have such great long careers without adapting to the times and changing meta of the game.

Wb1234

Referee
Eddie Jones is no mug.

As a coaching co ordinator yes

for game plans he would have zero idea

but to be fair Wayne bennett is one of the greatest coaches ever and he’s weak on game plans he leaves that to assistants

mave

Coach
Im tipping the nearest KFC is roughly 8km from the Shu residence.
He's just getting match fit.