What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deserving Premiers...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Through all the hoo-ha and such - at the end of the day, IMO - the NRL got it's deserving premiers - the best team all year got up on GF day. Is that something most agree on?

CharlieF

Juniors
Yes, you are correct.

I reckon that the minor premiers still aren't rewarded enough for winning the comp. I reckon as a reward, the Minor premiers should go straight into the GF and the other 7 play off.

Johns Magic

Referee
CharlieF said:
Yes, you are correct.

I reckon that the minor premiers still aren't rewarded enough for winning the comp. I reckon as a reward, the Minor premiers should go straight into the GF and the other 7 play off.

No

Misty Bee

First Grade
If you want tghe minor premiers to have 3 weeks off, fine.

The monor premiers get the JJ Giltinan Shield, the trophy with arguably the greatest history of any current trophy in Australian domestic sport.

Johns Magic

Referee
CharlieF said:

Because there have been years when the minor premiership has been so close that it's had to be decided on for-and-against.

If the team was as dominant as the Storm were this year then MAYBE it would be a reasonable idea, but even then I'm sure the minor premiers wouldn't want to go into the grand-final having not played in 5 weeks.

miccle

Bench
Deserving premiers? Hardly - they got the rub of the green all night from Archer.

Crocker should've been sent off for the "hit" on Stewart. 12 on 13 with Manly down by 6... it would've been a different story.

What? It's just as feasible to say that a 50/50 try call would've made a difference last year despite the Broncos winning by 7 ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
Crockers hit on Stewart illegal?

Why was it play on then?

Timmah

Staff member
:oops:

Sorry, still on a high after a great Grand Final Day.

Bit sunburnt too :fist:

Garts

Bench
Best team won, best team all season and best team on the night. However I now hate the Storm!!!!!

innsaneink

Referee
miccle said:
Because Archer was the Storm's 18th man. Deadset rigged grand final :crazy:

;-)

Theres earning a premiership....

....and theres charity, being given one.

;-)

;-)

in case you missed it.

;-)

Timmah

Staff member
I can't believe you'd say that, Melbourne won fair and square. You're so biased, and mean, and cruel, and jealous, and..... :blahb:

:crazy:

Latest posts