What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anyone other than cowboys or tigers supporters care?

Ilya

Juniors
I was happy to watch a somewhat boring grand final because it was the grand final, but i think the reason it was boring was that no one cared whether it was tigers or cowboys, everyone loves both teams. I was literally not going for anyone. Usually there's a team you like more, or completely hate, but it just didn't happen, i have no preference, and that's why i almost fell asleep. Your thoughts?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Had trouble getting into it from the start because of that factor. The absence of Canterbury, Brisbane or Manly gave me little reason to throw cans at the telly or strangle the cat. I found myself cheering on a team for the stupidist reasons. Brett Hodgeson signed my son's cast on his broken arm earlier in the year. Tim Sheen's grandfather drove the bridal car at my wife's parents wedding. Sadly, these reasons substituted for the normal desire to see Tallis/Anasta/Hill/Walker cop a broken jaw, or some jerk like John Ribot shed tears of grief.

Big Bunny

Juniors
It was a good game but the outcome and the leadup didn't really matter to me. I was a lot more interested in the NSW Koori K.O, the upcoming Tonga v Samoa game at Campbelltown and the Tri-series.

vlad

juniors
Misty Bee said:
gave me little reason to strangle the cat.

if you're that desperate for masturbation inspiration , dig out some old photos of Ray Price :)

lotti

Bench
the parents wanted the Tigers to win, I wanted the Cowboys it was a divided household.

The Tank

Bench
It did seem dull because I wanted both teams to win. I supported the Cowboys close to the end because I was hoping for Golden Point, but it wasn't to be.

Matt23

Staff member
I cared, it was great to see the Tigers win, great for the game.

PS, it was nice to see a gf that did'nt involve the "glamour" clubs, IE Broncos, Roosters, Bulldogs etc, so what if there was no one to hate, I was to be happy to sit back and enjoy the game, without yelling for the blood of the likes of Walker etc

gaterooze

Bench
Man it's hard to please some people. You whinge about teams like the Roosters, Brisbane and Bulldogs being so successful, and now you whinge when they're not in the Grand Final to hate?! :lol:

I get what you're saying, but it's good to have a feel-good Grand Final for once.

Who knows, maybe Manly can make it next year and you'll regret wishing for it :)

Kornstar

Coach
It made last years GF look like a trial match!!

I was there and the atmosphere was fantastic, great skill level and plenty of passion!!!

El Diablo

Post Whore
I didn't really care who won. You need a team to hate in there.

Last year was the opposite. You needed a team to like in there.

Smartman

Juniors
This is the first Grand Final in 16 years i didnt care who won.

It was great for either team to win.

I usually support one team more than another in the decider.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I was quite psyched for it really cos I can't stand the Cowboys. Why does everyone like them anyway. If they had won this year it would've been an almight injustice, pretty surprised that that didn't inspire a little more pro-Tiger sentiment.

shadow grinder

First Grade
almost everyone i talked to thought the same...they are both good teams so there wansnt anyone to hate or love...i thought it was boring and didnt give a hoot really...most exciting thing to come from it was a flick pass by benji.

colonel_123

Juniors
I'd rather watch a grandfinal between two teams I like (Cowboys and Tigers) and be happy no matter who wins, then watch a grandfinal between two teams I hate (Roosters and Bulldogs) and be dissappointed that one team had to win.

Of course, being a Wests Tigers supporter I thought last night's grandfinal was great!