What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anyone other than cowboys or tigers supporters care?

i support Manly....but was definitely on the Tigers band wagon,i treated it as NSW VS QLD and also ....jeez after all these years it was great to see John Skandalis finally win a grand final....he is one of the true unrecognised toilers

Raider_69

Post Whore
was a good game, was going for the cowboys but the fact the tigers won didnt really worry me in the end, just a nothing

imasharkie

Coach
I thought the semi final game between Tigers and Stains was better, only because I detest the stains and so i drank and yelled my self silly in between hurling abuse at Mander. Yesterdays game was pretty boring and it was only because of the pizz and it was a grand final that got me a little stirred up.

Knightmare

Coach
I think it also may not have felt as much like a Grand Final because neither team had been favorites for the comp. If St George, Parramatta or both had made it, I think there would have been more feeling. It's almost like the football gods were aplogising to the public for the "Grand Final that everyone wanted to see" last year.

DonMak

Juniors
Being a tigers supporter of course i cared... but i went to the game with 4 dragons supporters and they were pretty heavily into the match too. And so was alot of the crowd i talked to who didnt support either side.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Cowboys are alright but the Tigers are my second favourite team because of all their ex panthers and their attractive style of play. So I was stoked for them. Obviously the emotions didn't compare with Penrith winning it, but I was very happy for Sheens, Simmons, Whatuira and Elford who I always liked when they were Panthers. Usually I only come to dislike ex Panther players if they leave to go to the Roosters.

RABK

Referee
Of course i did. I'm as passionate Knights fan as you will ever find but i'm a Rugby League fan first and foremost. I take great interest in any Grand Final.

Well done Wests Tigers, alot of loyal fans have waited a long time for it.

LESStar58

Referee
Of course I cared! I was gonna watch no matter who was in it!

I was on the Cowboys but I was still marvelling at the highlights like Benji's flick pass for Richo's try!

The downside was that Parramatta weren't playing so I didnt have any reason to get really angry or take the game too seriously....

strong_latte

Juniors
Ilya said:
I was happy to watch a somewhat boring grand final because it was the grand final, but i think the reason it was boring was that no one cared whether it was tigers or cowboys, everyone loves both teams. I was literally not going for anyone. Usually there's a team you like more, or completely hate, but it just didn't happen, i have no preference, and that's why i almost fell asleep. Your thoughts?

I was going all out for the Tigers. Not only bacause of the NSW v Qld aspect, but because I bloody hate Jonathan Thursdan! That bloke is one of the dumbest people in the game!

Misty Bee

First Grade
IN the aftermath, I'm much happier than having a team to hate win the thing. I feel fine about it now, and won't have a 6 month long grumble about a despied team gloating about their victory.

Latest posts