What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DID MUNDINE WIN???

OVP

Coach
hehe no probs benny ... one thing tho is that im probably not as "sure" as my fellow rooster fans as yet ... but ive been waiting since 1980 to pay out my old man, who really gave it to me when the dogs beat the roosters back then. The only thing im praying for is that we both get there ... let "will to win" decide the outcome.

OH and btw, since this thread is about Anthony Mundine, let me say this. From the limited footage i saw, it looked like the words of Roy Jones Jnr had rung true ... i dont think i've EVER seen Anthony look so good in the punching power department. He is the first Aussie to knockout Sean Sullivan and Danny Green himself failed at that.

Man !! i want a green vs mundine bout real soon ... Mundine looked deadly. Id even put a lazy 100 on him to upset Green. I've never seen him with so much conviction, and power. Well done Anthony :clap:

Surprise surprise, Roosters fans carrying on in here like complete dickheads
:roll:

Back to the topic
Yes Mundine won
And it was quite a boring fight
And the ref finished it far too early when Mundine finally decided to open up in the last round

sydraider

First Grade
Mundine is one of the most boring fighters i have had the displeasure of ever watching. His tap and move crap is so annoying.
WOW he knocked out sullivan :roll:
Did it take him all fight to do so???
So who is the next grandpa he will face and beat? Only to go for another title shot and lose cos he isnt a world class fighter.
My prediction is that green will have a title in december and mundane will be banging on his door, begging for a shot at it.
Green will then proceed to flatten him in the 6th ;-)

innsaneink

Referee
OVP said:
Dont worry, i aint a total arsehole, i'll always like the Tigers and wish for their success but fair go ... some of your "brethren" have made it VERY difficult lately.

Try looking in ur own backyard :lol: :lol: :lol:

taxidriver

Coach
WOW he knocked out sullivan
Did it take him all fight to do so

The Danny Green you are pulling yourself over in the rest of your post is the same boxer who was unable to knock Sullivan out not that long ago

PB

Bench
So when Mundie stops a boxer he is "phenominal", but when Anthony gets laid out it is a "lucky punch"...... :roll: :|

taxidriver

Coach
I haven't seen that theory bandied around as much as the one that when Green beats a boxer he is world class but when Mundine beats them they are over the hill hacks.

Anonymous

Juniors
OVP you're a f**king idiot mate. There's about 4 Tigers' fans that still post here. Everyone else has jumped ship to the official. I'm one of them and I haven't said shit about the Roosters (only finch who i've always had a health dislike for). Grow up.

elili

Juniors
There’s one thing you’re all forgetting :arrow: Choc is The Man! :clap:

I was thinking on the way to the fight how it seemed with all the Fitler celebrations how the two men appeared to be leaving divergent legacies. For Mundine who was supposed to have "consistently played all over" Fittler (or words to that effect), it was Fittler who was going to be remembered consistently as the champion and choc the man with potential who never quite made it or established himself as a champ in either league or boxing.

Choc showed lot in that fight. It was the best fight I’ve ever seen him box by far. He unleashed his potential for the first time. He toyed with Sullivan for nine rounds to get his workout, his fighting experience. He employed a new style that did not rely on very much manoeuvring evasion or escape but instead stood and gave and copped punches, exhausting Sullivan with his incredible speed, precision and power. And in the tenth, at the back end of the fight, when Danny Green was so exhausted that he was delusional and needed to be taken to hospital, Mundine just turned it on like he had just strolled for nine rounds to get to a 100 metre sprint in the tenth. In an awesome barrage that showcased his extreme speed and talent and above everything fitness, Sullivan was gone in 47 seconds by TKO, any longer and it would have been a nasty KO. Like the other 5000 spectators I was on my feet screaming at the awesome display I had just witnessed.

Mundine is a very very talented athlete and a very very talented boxer. Green and anybody else can sponge all the publicity they want off Mundines back, if it wasn't for Mundine most people would not know or care about them or about boxing in Australia. Choc is a class and a talent well above any of them. It's just a matter of putting that talent to the task and coming up with the goods, something that is easier said than done.

Choc is back, maybe he will be remembered as a greater athlete than Fittler? He still has a lot of work to do and a lot to achieve. But if can produce his talent with the confidence that he showed against Sullivan, then he will be remembered as being as good as he used to tell everyone he was.

elili

Juniors
Did Freddy? Haha. I can see it now, B. Fittler. Penrith Games, Roosters Games, City Games, State of Origin Games, Test Games, Trys, Premierships, and NRL on Fox Pumpkin awards.

Well he is happly married. Ricko on the other hand has only one more year in which to keep on building the profile with which he will use to f-ck every chick in Sydney and beyond with for the rest of his life.

Can you blame him for wanting to get his pretty boy face in the media?

:clap: :clap: :clap: Good on him.

SOULS 04

Juniors
please mundine didnt knock sullivan out
it was stopped with 40 seconds to go when sullivan was taking punches.... he wouldnt have gone down in that 40 seconds

green gave him just as much punishment and probably alot more... but no one stopped the fight even if they probably should have an called it a no contest.

i actually know the ref who stopped the fight.. he is my trainers twin brother and prolly did the right thing... but if you guys think mundine has it over green because he stopped sullivan you are kidding yourself.

every single one of greens fights has been won by ko with the exception of two and one was a wrongful disqualification.

Green would knock mundine out in 6-8... if mundine could run for that long.

elili

Juniors
No it was stoped 47 seconds INTO the last round.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10711194-23218,00.html

Yes he would have gone down in the time left.

It would have been VERY nasty if the fight wasn't stoped when it was.

If you were there then you would have seen first hand the killer instinct Mundine had in the last. Without the ref, he was going to kill him.
(if you were there you could have also seen Willie Mason putting in the hard yards for Elka Graham :lol: )

Mundine is too quick, way too quick and too fit for Green. It's like comparing Mark Tooky to Craig Fitzgibbon.

A confident Mundine would munch him before Green even knew what was going on, like every other arrogent contender that has faced him. Jeff Fenech could smash another egg on his face.

SOULS 04

Juniors
dont bet on it
fair enough i was wrong on the 40 seconds to go... it was 40 seconds in.

but we all know that mundine is scared of real power... but lets just hope to see green vs mundine one day and it'll be proven.

elili

Juniors
Lets just hope there both not over the hill by the time they finish trying to grab belts in different federations and eventually face up to each other.

Mundine is scared of power, it’s a fair call. He is often not confident in his own abilities as the Siacca fight showed. But I think he turned a corner in the second Sullivan fight. I think we're beginning to see a Mundine that was scared of power rather than is. A Mundine much more confident and much more willing to back himself and unleash his offensive potential.

Mundine is a ridiculously quick and very skilled boxer. There's no doubt Green has the power to beat choc, but can he match him on all fronts in the ring or is he too one-dimensional? I personally don't think Green is in the same class of athlete.

If Mundine was scared of Greens power then yes, I think it would be a close fight with Green a very good chance (particularly if the judges score in the same way as the Siacca fight). Mundine would still be too quick and evasive to be knocked out e.g. the Echols fight - evasion too good and too quick, with Green a chance to win on points. But if Mundine was confident and switched on, I think he would blow Green out of the ring.

Mundine has been a world champion, unlike Green. Green has milked a lot off Mundines profile without proving very much to deserve being considered on the same level. If they do fight sometime in the future Mundine would prevail. And I would be willing to bet on it, hopefully on some nice odds like the Echols fight when Mundine was written off by all because of the power of his opponent.