What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did stevens play?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
ngunity said:
think what you want of Gould, I'd suggest that both O'Hara and Stevens must have lacked something for them to be pulled off the field and kept off the field........
I'd guess it's either effort, or impact that Gould thinks they lacks to let them cool their heels for 75% of the game

For the clown that said Stevens was NSW's best forward~ you're kidding yourself: Fitzy and Ryan Dominate on defence, O'Meley makes ALL the metres and lots of tackles

You idiot. Can't stand fools who go off half cocked with out any facts.

Fact 1. Stevo & Fitz were only beaten by Hindy in making the most yards per run. They averaged 9. Omeley averaged 8 Kite 5.

Fact 2. Stevo made 9 tackles in 18 minutes. During a period where NSW dominated possession. 3 of those were on Webcke. His designated job.
He missed no tackles & did not get targeted or stepped.
Would he have made 36 tackles by end of game?

Fact 3. Mark Omeley made 10 tackles in twice the game time. That is one more than Stevens.

Fact 4. Stevo made 6 hit ups. The highest was 12(Fitz did 18) but Stevo averages 18 per game & was well on target to reach at least 18. I'm sure if he knew he was being put on for only 2 sets of 6 in the second half, he would have taken 3 hitups each set.

Fact 5. merkin head Gould has a history of doing this now.
Brad Mackay 1995 got 4 minutes in game 2 after being the best player in game 1. He was then dropped to make way for a Gould favourite in game 3

Again merkin head Gould game 1 2004 with Ohara, he gave him no time & forced the selection of another Front rower. He then got Stevo who he also did not want & now the selectors will be forced to select Ryles, another of his favourites.

I will think what I want of Gould. He is a dispicable creature who thinks that for some reason he is important. If his goal is to make Origin more exciting, then I think it has worked. I hae never seen more people wanting him to lose, but the difference is now, the fastest growing demographic is NSW supporters that want QLD to win.
Thank f**k 1 to go before we are rid of the creature.

Snoop

Coach
Stevens stats were quite good for the time he played. He made good yards, looked enthusiastic and tackled well. Of all the forwards I think Kite was the most disappointing (can't comment on Waterhouse/Waterboy).

All just confirms that Gould is a total tool.

Is interesting as a side note that Gould didn't use 2 of his forwards barely at all (Stevens and Waterhouse)...similar to Stuart in last yrs GF, not using his bench forwards hardly at all...is it a Gouldism not to trust the guys picked on the bench (or in Stevens' case, the run on side.)??

Latest posts