What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the WWF Kill NWO n ECW's Credability?

izzo

Juniors
I believe that Vince did it on purpose by trying to pimp it out but then making a fool out of it.

What do you think?

SHAGMOP

Juniors
well im pretty sure vince bought WCW and ECW and then merged all the good wreslters from the 2 into the WWE roster durin the invasion.

Raider_69

Post Whore
SHAGMOP said:
well im pretty sure vince bought WCW and ECW and then merged all the good wreslters from the 2 into the WWE roster durin the invasion.

nope not quite
ECW went bust and Paul Haymen brought alot of the good ECW wrestlers over to the WWE, they sat around untill they could be brought into a story line, then when WCW got brought out the perfect story line came along..

Moffo

Referee
he did

NWO and ECW in WWF could've been huge

But they f**ked them on both accounts. Turned me off watching wrestling completely to be honest

No respect. They f**ked up Tazz and Raven for starters. Morons

Cheers,
Moffo

Stevo_G

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
SHAGMOP said:

nope not quite
ECW went bust and Paul Haymen brought alot of the good ECW wrestlers over to the WWE, they sat around untill they could be brought into a story line, then when WCW got brought out the perfect story line came along..

yeah but they f**ked the invasion storyline up

Raider_69

Post Whore
Stevo_G said:
Raider_69 said:
SHAGMOP said:

nope not quite

yeah but they f***ed the invasion storyline up

hell yea they f**ked that storyline
it had great potential too......... alas it will go down as one of the most butured storyline

Special K

Coach
I'd probaly be the biggest ECW mark here but I'll have to say no. Just because they were ECW maineventers doesn't mean they should be in the WWF. But they should have got better spots. We could of had the Impact Players as tag champs, Taz as IC, Awesome as hardcore and others in good spots but injuries and backstage stuff all killed them. So there were good intentions but they f**ked up.

bubs

Juniors
I don't know much about ECW but I do know a bit about WCW.
WCW was started from scratch by Ted Turner (a media billionaire) in Seppoland. They threw money around like never before and lured some of the biggest names from WWF to WCW. These names included Bret Hart (which led to the infamous "Screw Job"), Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall.
WCW really killed themself off by some really bad writing and gimmicks. They continuously relied on 3 or 4 big names and hardly ever pushed anyone else up. It really annoyed some of their younger talent (Chris Jericho is one that springs to mind) and they jumped ship over to WWF when their contracts were up.
Whenever a wrestler had an idea, the company would listen to it, say no then push one of the big 4 again. It just got stale.
In the end, WCW was bought by WWE for an embarrasing amount. Vince McMahon also got control over the WCW belts and their library of tapes.
Some of the worst ideas by WCW included
1. Lining up over 100 wrestlers for Goldberg to run through in about 2 mintes flat.
2. The tag champions of WCW ended up being one wrestler (I can't remember) and Buff Bagwells MOTHER. Geez.

Moffo

Referee
Hulkamanic 36 said:
I'd probaly be the biggest ECW mark here but I'll have to say no. Just because they were ECW maineventers doesn't mean they should be in the WWF. But they should have got better spots. We could of had the Impact Players as tag champs, Taz as IC, Awesome as hardcore and others in good spots but injuries and backstage stuff all killed them. So there were good intentions but they f***ed up.

Awesome had the potential to be anything, but the WWF screwed him up. He was a top wrestler

What they did to Tazz was the most annoying. He liked suplexs....so what??

I agree, some of them were spot machines. But so is Jeff Hardy and quite a few others who didn't go through ECW.

In their place, we have Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels in main events :roll:

Great ratings im sure

No wonder i turned it off

Cheers,
Moffo

Raider_69

Post Whore
i must be only one glad to see tazz comentating rather than acually wrestling!!
i couldnt stand the guy, i like some of his moves, he has a great variety of suplex's but he just gave me the shits for some reason!
i find the same thing happening with Jindrack and Caine(sp???)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bubs said:
2. The tag champions of WCW ended up being one wrestler (I can't remember) and Buff Bagwells MOTHER. Geez.

that wrestler was rick steiner, so funny haha. go judy bagwell! there were so many bad ideas wcw had god knows how they thought they could get away with it.

The WWE didnt kill the nWo, hell no, it was Dead on Arrival. WCW killed the nWo.At first it was awesome but then they just kept adding wrestler after wrestler and in the end this elite nWo had wrestlers such as Vincent, Horace, Scott Norton & The Disciple (brutus beefcake haha) hell even david flair was in it once. the only wrestlers i can think of right now that werent in the wcw at 1 time were flair, ddp & goldberg.

Crippler

Juniors
I swear I saw a pic of Tazz while he was in ECW on a Raw Is war episode.

It said something like ECW Invasion or something.

Nuffs

Bench
i'll always remember the night when Sting had to choose between WCW, the black-and-white or the wolfpac

he shook hogans hand and hogan got all excited and then sting decked him

hahaha! i was probably about 15 and i was running around the house going crazy singing the Wolfpac theme

Special K

Coach
Crippler said:
I swear I saw a pic of Tazz while he was in ECW on a Raw Is war episode.

It said something like ECW Invasion or something.
ECW Invaded RAW in 97. It was a way for them to get attetion for their first PPV. Lawler kept on showing up in ECW and the storyline was thta he took RVD and Sabu with him to the WWF. That's how RVD got the nick name "Mr.Monday Night" as RAW was on monday nights..

ECW also showed up as a few PPVs when they were not supposed to with intent to ruin the show.But nothing ever happened.

Latest posts