What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did We Buy Into The Hype

Did You Buy Into The Hype?

• Yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
We have a good team and a rookie coach, who is highly regarded.

Signed a few good players and let some dead wood go.

We’ve had a couple of good wins and play some great off the cuff footy at times.

The media has been very bullish about us, and there’s been the odd mention of 2016 here and there for some reason.

I reckon a lot of us have bought into the hype, and like I said, we have a good side, but maybe not as good as we believe .

Interested to know what some of you think.

Weaponhead

Coach
I think you are spot on. At the start of the season, I had top 6 as the goal with top 4 next year.

A good start has raised expectations. There have been some really good performances which shows the potential. However, there are some weaknesses that still need addressing. The pack is under sized without BHU. Hynes has been very good overall but his off games have been real stinkers. None of this is unexpected or unreasonable.

The medium term outlook is still very good. Need a few astute signings to take the team to the next level.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Never bought into the fluff.
Absolutely stoked at where we are at so soon and the days ahead only look on the up, but some of the wet fart fluff in here has bordered on the forum members to be committed to Oregon State hospital with the likes of with Randal and co.
I get it, losing to the raiders is poor.. but they dead set went at it, we didn’t. The end

Poss

Juniors
Problem is… when we win and play well, we look absolutely awesome. Fluid in attack, score at will, solid in defence and turn up for each other.

But when we lose, it’s the complete opposite. Clunky with the ball, awful in defence and effort

There doesn’t seem to be a consistent middle ground. It’s either we fly bloody high, or we sink bloody low. We either blow teams off the park or get blown off the park. That’s what makes it frustrating.

Frenzy.

Immortal
More like got overexcited and overhyped the hype.

There may not be another fan group that can lead themselves into disappointment based solely on their own over inflated early expectations. The reactions when this happens are comical.

Weaponhead

Coach
Problem is… when we win and play well, we look absolutely awesome. Fluid in attack, score at will, solid in defence and turn up for each other.

But when we lose, it’s the complete opposite. Clunky with the ball, awful in defence and effort

There doesn’t seem to be a consistent middle ground. It’s either we fly bloody high, or we sink bloody low. We either blow teams off the park or get blown off the park. That’s what makes it frustrating.
That is part of the journey to becoming a top side. To be a bit off and grind out a win is what good sides do. The Sharks haven't reached that level of consistency.

Frenzy.

Immortal

All just part of the team growth Poss. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The sooner people get used to the fact we are in a rebuild and will stumble and fall on the way to consistency and mental fortitude, the less frustrated people will get.

Control.JPG

Inferno

Coach
At our best I think we have certainly exceeded most people's expectations.

But the gap between our best and poor performances is far too vast. Part of that is explainable by the large degree of chopping and changing that has been forced upon us by injury and suspensions but I think the bigger problem is senior players not leading the way (Finucane aside) when required.

We still have a brand new spine and some new players like McInnes and Finucane trying to fit in.

Still a long way to go in this season and 2 or 3 bad losses doesn't cause me to lose faith in Fitzy.

I still see us finishing in the bottom half of the top 8.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Voted no.

My disappointment/frustration comes from the team not playing to its potential consistently.

Easy to lose sight of the reality that he is 10 games in. We just have high expectations.

Onwards we go.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Fitzy will emulate his dad, we'll be minor Premiers next year!

Bookmark it!!
EiSFb6jU0AUIfpe.jpg

Latest posts