What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Die 5-wöchige Wäsche

shaggs

Coach
I think the season should be broken down into 5 week periods. Byes don’t count.

First is obviously rounds 1-5.
Overall it has been kinda poor. For a predicted to 4 team and the squad to do it, we haven’t showed any real positives or growth from last season.

Defense has been poor across the board.
Middle forwards have been dominated and rolled through very easily
The left edge had been an absolute pile of shot.

Attack has looked ok in patches but clunky and with no real goal. If we don’t score, what happens?
Todays game against the warriors showed all the signs of actually playing for repeat sets and then nothing??

1. Kennedy - looked a step up from last season. Attack and defence has been much better
2. Katoa - does his job.
3. ramien - has played into the new body and hasn’t had the usual Brain exploaions
4. Talakai - stats will show he has run as much and broken tackles and blah blah, but he is worse in defence. The one on one misses without the mis-reads are bad enough, add the no idea who to tackle and we have a problem. He was diabolical today
5. Ron - when he is great he is great, but the mouth doesn’t match the play at the moment. Stay on your wing and catch the ball. Keep your trap shut. Catch the ball and fall over the line
6. Moylan - I love Moyza, but If he was dropped I wouldn’t have an issue. Defense he looks lost, attack is a passenger.
7. nicho - best fullback in the comp. Is he the best half? Small sample size but is he a downhill skier, needed to take control and kick for position in that second half
8. Toby - Enthusiastic but f**k me, the mistakes take it all away.
9. Brailey - decisions need to be made. Ultimatums given. Adds nothing in attack. Hasn’t improved in this aspect at all. Defends strongly for a little bloke
11. Nikora - shining light. But quiet this week but did all was asked.
12. Wilton - he is great in attack but can’t make Decisions In defence: is this because he is overthinking and trying to cover talakai and Moylan??
13. Finucane - gets through the work but that is all

14. Hunt - I’m a bit undecided on him. Some really strong moments but some absolute rubbish
15. Mciness - I love his energy and effort but he is so unco and mistake prone that maybe he isn’t the right fit.
16. Williams - in and out of the team. Does his job. Another game where I didn’t really notice him
17. Trindall - shining light of tue first 3 games. f**k knows what his role today was
18. BHU - are we sold on this bloke or not? First 5 games haven’t set the world on fire

Add in however else, Tracey, etc

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think the season should be broken down into 5 week periods. Byes don’t count.

First is obviously rounds 1-5.
Overall it has been kinda poor. For a predicted to 4 team and the squad to do it, we haven’t showed any real positives or growth from last season.

Defense has been poor across the board.
Middle forwards have been dominated and rolled through very easily
The left edge had been an absolute pile of shot.

Attack has looked ok in patches but clunky and with no real goal. If we don’t score, what happens?
Todays game against the warriors showed all the signs of actually playing for repeat sets and then nothing??

1. Kennedy - looked a step up from last season. Attack and defence has been much better - will continue upward trajectory if the teams defence improve. Will otherwise be scapegoated.
2. Katoa - does his job - just
3. ramien - has played into the new body and hasn’t had the usual Brain exploaions - has a new skill I've noticed and that is turning an attacker around and stuffing up the opps quick PTB. Wanted to see it this week to confirm for myself.
4. Talakai - stats will show he has run as much and broken tackles and blah blah, but he is worse in defence. The one on one misses without the mis-reads are bad enough, add the no idea who to tackle and we have a problem. He was diabolical today - and this is probably why he won't be moved to backrow.
5. Ron - when he is great he is great, but the mouth doesn’t match the play at the moment. Stay on your wing and catch the ball. Keep your trap shut. Catch the ball and fall over the line - loathe to be critical of him for being a lair but needs to not let oppositions turn it on him and I feel the Warriors beat him at his own game and got under his skin and had him looking at what was coming
6. Moylan - I love Moyza, but If he was dropped I wouldn’t have an issue. Defense he looks lost, attack is a passenger - he's off the pace, especially in making D decisions and actually getting in the right spot.
7. nicho - best fullback in the comp. Is he the best half? Small sample size but is he a downhill skier, needed to take control and kick for position in that second half - His style of being a halfback can work at times but the transition to controller was not there and very evident tonight. He made several poor kick decisions and some were outright mysterious. Had some uncharacteristic handling errors. 2 I think and both times I feel he was having a bo peep
8. Toby - Enthusiastic but f**k me, the mistakes take it all away - meh
9. Brailey - decisions need to be made. Ultimatums given. Adds nothing in attack. Hasn’t improved in this aspect at all. Defends strongly for a little bloke - contracts need to be torn up. He's a bum. My least favourite Shark.
10. Yes exactly, this is a black hole
11. Nikora - shining light. But quiet this week but did all was asked. - my MOTM from the Sharks perspective.
12. Wilton - he is great in attack but can’t make Decisions In defence: is this because he is overthinking and trying to cover talakai and Moylan??- has to be benched when Wade returns. We miss Wade's hard arsed attitude and leadership. It's patently obvious. Wade MUST play. You know what, maybe just outright drop Wilton to go back and learn defence. Give Hazelnut a go I suppose.
13. Finucane - gets through the work but that is all - is bringing very little. I can't recall a bellringer this year. Can't remember a line break or offload. Seems insipid as a leader. Or maybe affected by the responsibility

14. Hunt - I’m a bit undecided on him. Some really strong moments but some absolute rubbish - He'll do well in SuperLeague. Doesn't have the stamina for the NRL. I said before he has the engine of a model T ford. He doesn't. He was a Victa 2 stroke. 22 min average minutes per game for an international potentially starting prop says he's either injured or lacking in stamina.
15. Mciness - I love his energy and effort but he is so unco and mistake prone that maybe he isn’t the right fit. - He twies weally, weally hard and that's something. But it's all he has
16. Williams - in and out of the team. Does his job. Another game where I didn’t really notice him - Claude Rains
17. Trindall - shining light of tue first 3 games. f**k knows what his role today was. - Should do himself a favour, go to the Dolphins and let Wayne turn him into a SOO half.
18. BHU - are we sold on this bloke or not? First 5 games haven’t set the world on fire - can go in the shop window AFAIC

Add in however else, Tracey, etc

That's mine

Frenzy.

Immortal
Our pack is weak as piss. Nikora has been sensational. BHU had some moments today. Every merkin seems to think Toby is quality, but realistically, he's a plodder. Dale...runs hard onto the field. McInnis...f**k. We don't have a Haas, or a Paulo, or a Tapine. Not one quality middle.

HAHAHAHA great summary. He really isn't bringing much this year.

Frenzy.

Immortal
For those who like stats.
The left edge of Wilton, Moylan and talakai missed 13 tackles This season they have missed 38 tackles.

How many have led to tries? I'd say a lazy dozen at least. 2-3 per game perhaps

shaggs

Coach
How many have led to tries? I'd say a lazy dozen at least. 2-3 per game perhaps
Could not be bothered even looking that up, but a dozen would be fair