What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirtiest players in last 20 years.

Darth Bobo

I think you have to take into account what the go was back in the days of some of the names that being banded about in here. Although there was a fair bit more niggle and dirty play back then the blokes involved could usually have a beer afterwards and were able to leave it on the field. Martin Bella is a bloke who comes to mind about not being man enough to leave it on the field and more than once can remember his refusing to even shake hands after a match.

One of the dirtiest players of the modern era IMO was the king of the flop Angrew "Golly" Gee.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Finch!

Captain should be Hoppa, with Les Boyd his deputy!

Morely should be there too!

Panthers_God

Juniors
dontmakemeangry said:
I have always been fascinated at what makes some players do what they do on a footy field. So with that i have compiled my team of the dirtiest-nastiest players from those i have seen since following league around 20 years ago as an impressionable 9year old.

I'm sure theres loads more.........

1. Matthew Ridge-former Manly CAT!
2. John Davidson-former Tiger who was purely out there to fight.
3. Mick Podgie-together with Davidson a spiteful duo.
4. Michael Beattie- Angst is his middle name.
5. John Hopoate- ...........................(write whatever u want here)
6. Steve Linnane- Eye gouger who was definately on 'something' everytime he played.
7. Tommy Raudonikas- Have only seen tapes of him, but man was he a dirty bastard on the footy field.
8. Peter kelly- 'hitem hi,hitem lo, knockem out b4 u go!"
9. Mark Bugden- ex Bulldog and copper....enough said.
10. Bob Cooper- cheap shot Bob who like Tommy i have only seen on tapes but from wot i saw he never picked on anyone his own size.
11. Mark Geyer- complete thug who had no regard for authority.
12. Les Boyd- tough bastard but equally as dirty.
13. Chris Mortimer- Never saw him make a tackle without some sort of niggling foul play.

Peter Kelly?!?! I resent that I know the man personally. He's a good bloke. Maybe a little dirty but more rough and intimidating.

If you want dirty then its gotta be Danny Williams. He punched Mark O'niell in the chops for what seemed to be not much at all.

Kiwi

First Grade
Panthers_God said:
Peter Kelly?!?! I resent that I know the man personally. He's a good bloke. Maybe a little dirty but more rough and intimidating.

If you want dirty then its gotta be Danny Williams. He punched Mark O'niell in the chops for what seemed to be not much at all.

If it was nothing then why did O'Neill get suspended for it? Don't get me wrong, what Williams did was a cheap shot, and he was a dirty player, but O'Neill wasn't the innocent angel of the incident.

Woolford has to get a mention, he niggles, he back chats, and he goes down faster than a two dollar hooker

Mr Saab

Referee
Panthers_God said:

kelly might be a nice bloke off the field, but this isnt about off the field.
Kelly was a very hard man and holds the record for the quickest send off in a club game (vs sths 1986).
I dont know he if he top 10 all time, but does deserve a mention as he was no angel on the field

elyod138

Bench
Luke Ricketson, he only niggles little players though, I pissed myself laughing when he went after Reni Matuia and he got smashed.

Booyah

Bench
Corey Hughes wishes he was a dirty little player. He's not quite good enough to be classed as 'dirty' though. He is one grubby little bastard though I'll give him that. Never seen someone niggle as badly as he does.

I wish someone would punch his head in.

Andrew Gee was filthy. It's like he couldn't help but do something stupid like drop an elbow on someones head or try take their head off.

Moffo

Referee
phil bailey and justin hodges go the niggle whenever they get a chance

terry hill would have to be a starter as well, he is a grub

sharkadelic

Juniors
Granted. Stevens would be on the shortlist. But if punching people in the back of the head and headslamming is fair play then something is wrong. I think Trent has been before the judiciary more than once for the latter...