What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappointing crowd today

DC_fan

Coach
I thought we would get close to if not over 30,000 fans to the game today. We had two Sydney teams placed 4th and 5th on the table. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Just a day to get a really big crowd.

So what was the crowd. A pretty ordinary 15,000.

themacemaceman

Juniors
I concur. I drove from Newcastle for the game. Sunday arvo is the best time to watch Live footy.
Mind you if we play like we did in the first half, we will strugle to get that sort of crowd again.

liquor box

Juniors
Sunday arvo is the best time to watch Live footy.
I have to disagree, half the crowd is looking into the sun and I means you cant do anything for the rest of the day as all morning you are waiting to go, and afterwards it is too late to do anything by the time you get home.

I hate day games with a passion and would like to see all games at night.

I realise this is not the most popular of opinions, but it is how I feel.

and on a TV point of view it is bad for viewing as every kick is lost in the sunshine and the changes between shade and sun is really annoying

rabbs

Juniors
Manly supporters dont travel past mosman.The crowd would have been 80-20 Souths

MattJ

Juniors
i was dissapointed too, expected atleast 20k, very few manly fans made the trip out, but to be honest, i expected a few more rabbits there as well.

euaneggs

Juniors
Saturday has to be the best day to draw a crowd, people want to sit at home and relax on a sunday so may just watch it on the box rather than go to the game.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
i dont like sunday games. for one my band has prac at 3pm. but night games feel like more of an event to me. plus its an easy train trip to the city afterwards