What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappointing Crowds?

innsaneink

Referee
missmini said:
Try again... Have a look at the OTHER side of the field where the shade is then make that judgement.

Look at the picture, then read what I wrote.

What judgement am I making?

Theres 2 dozen in the burrow.....face facts princess, the Burrows bay is normally chockers.

Parra_Eels

Bench
yeh i was disappointed when i walked into suncorp to only see it half full. We used to get more Parra fans at ANZ - like in 2001 when there were more parra fans that night than broncos.

Brutus

Referee
Palms said:
Now that the commonwealth games have finished alot more advertisment will be focused around rugby league on tv, newspapers and radio etc. There has been alot of publicity and talk around the games in the media as one sided as the specticle was

No the AFL takes over now. They are everywhere.

missmini

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Look at the picture, then read what I wrote.

What judgement am I making?

Theres 2 dozen in the burrow.....face facts princess, the Burrows bay is normally chockers.
Your judging that the fact no-one is in the burrow surprises you cuz you thought more people would come considering the tradition...

I told you look on the other side in the shade where everyone in the burrow went. The burrow has split. Theres now the burrow and TSE. MOST are in TSE now which is on the other side of the field.

Wake up idiot. Don't make a judgement on what you think "should" be there when obviously you haven't got your facts straight. 16,000 were there. Thats a pretty good crowd and rated in the middle of crowd figures for round 3.

innsaneink

Referee
missmini said:
Your judging that the fact no-one is in the burrow surprises you cuz you thought more people would come considering the tradition...

I told you look on the other side in the shade where everyone in the burrow went. The burrow has split. Theres now the burrow and TSE. MOST are in TSE now which is on the other side of the field.

Wake up idiot. Don't make a judgement on what you think "should" be there when obviously you haven't got your facts straight. 16,000 were there. Thats a pretty good crowd and rated in the middle of crowd figures for round 3.
Oh dear...sorry for being so ignorant...I was on that side of the field, I know most people were there, I took the f**ken pic.
I was also at the Charity Shield, I noticed then that the burrow was chokkas, bay 105 was overflowing....of course im supposed to know about this TSE, whatever the f**k that is....but you geniuss carry on, you just get your club together with a vote, so you decide to split your fan base....go f**kin figure eh?
The clubs getting their act together, some of you fans should follow suit.

missmini

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Oh dear...sorry for being so ignorant...I was on that side of the field, I know most people were there, I took the f**ken pic.
I was also at the Charity Shield, I noticed then that the burrow was chokkas, bay 105 was overflowing....of course im supposed to know about this TSE, whatever the f**k that is....but you geniuss carry on, you just get your club together with a vote, so you decide to split your fan base....go f**kin figure eh?
The clubs getting their act together, some of you fans should follow suit.
Sorry there were so many f words in that post the rest didn't make sense. There... there... It'll all be okay.... ;-)

innsaneink

Referee
So The Burrows split?...., why dont you use this opportunity to publisise this new fan group, TSE, whats TSE? or are you too ashamed to tell us.....if you had half a brain you wouldnt need prompting, but being a soufs fan in favour of factionalizing, when your club finally looks like ITS got ITS act together...well its no surprise really is it, like an inbred dysfunctional family, peace and normality are just foreign words to some soufs fans.

Lantana

Juniors
Tiger 17+K against Melbourne in inner sydney west.

Another x against the piss weak Rooster crowds.

What will make it worse is if 15K Roosters turn up to the Anzac Day just to show their fair weatherdness. (is that a word?)

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
Calixte said:
Can't agree. Although the crowd was slightly disappointing.

Games against the Eels haven't proven as popular in Brisbane over the last few years. It seems their reputation as failures at the final hurdle may have hurt them.

They certainly don't have the attraction of Parramatta teams of the 1980s. But the current side is a better looking side than, say, the one that attracted 51,517 to Brisbane's opening game at ANZ in 1993.

Don't forget Brisbane got 46,500+ to the game against the Cowboys in round one this year.

There are bigger drawers in Brisbane than Parramatta these days - Bulldogs, St George, Cowboys, Panthers, Tigers (this year if Marshall is back and the side is fired up), Newcastle (with Johns fit), Roosters (in recent times) and probably Gold Coast in 2007.

So you are saying that people up there will only tear themselves away from the couches of a Sunday arvo when they get a a half-decent team with its best players playing? Sounds a bit weak if you asked me, to be honest. :shock: :oops:

I was at the Broncos-Parramatta match up there last year. Of the 24000 announced attendance, at least a third would have been Parramatta fans.

The question I have to ask is, what incentives are the Bronocs & QRL/NRL taking to try & develop a culture of getting people to the ground? Say what you like about AFL & the Lions, but their success is getting people through the gates watching matches live. What are the Broncos, the supposedly biggest sporting club in Australia according to recent Morgon Gallop polls, doing to get people to the game EVERY WEEK.

I've gotten this selective attitude. You are either a supporter of your club or you aren't, right. :?

Brutus

Referee
JF_Bay22_SCG said:
So you are saying that people up there will only tear themselves away from the couches of a Sunday arvo when they get a a half-decent team with its best players playing? Sounds a bit weak if you asked me, to be honest. :shock: :oops:

I was at the Broncos-Parramatta match up there last year. Of the 24000 announced attendance, at least a third would have been Parramatta fans.

The question I have to ask is, what incentives are the Bronocs & QRL/NRL taking to try & develop a culture of getting people to the ground? Say what you like about AFL & the Lions, but their success is getting people through the gates watching matches live. What are the Broncos, the supposedly biggest sporting club in Australia according to recent Morgon Gallop polls, doing to get people to the game EVERY WEEK.

I've gotten this selective attitude. You are either a supporter of your club or you aren't, right. :?

I agree with what you have written there AFL man.

Why don't you include the Newtown Jets in your signature considering you like to go to their matches?

Lantana said:
So after 100 years in the league and zero funding to junior development the Roosters are happy to see their crowds drop off that far?

Do the Cowboys or Broncos or Knights rely on travelling support?Not really.

Apparently the Brisbane crowd was affected by the delay on daylight savings, apparently thousands turned away when they turned up and the game was in the second half. Coulda been 30K +.

The Roosters supporters shouldn't be on here whinging about anything? How many GF's have the Rabbits or Dragons been in over the past 5 years? None?
But here we have people saying 'it's Melbourne and Canberra's fault our crowds are bad'. No, how don't you have 20,000 loyal supporters after controlling the city for the past 10 years?

The Rabbits are smashing you and they have moved from their spirtual home into a ground that a lot of soft c**ks use as an exuse not to watch footy, where as the Roosters play in the best rectangular ground in Sydney.

Maybe a return to Henson is on the cards, let the Rooster supporters drive their car in and flash their lights and beep their horn when Crossy scores in the King George V canteen corner. lol

Meanwhile the Swans annoounce a membership of over 30,000. Werll done Politis, Fisk etc whilst you are so busy spending every red cent you have over and under the table on kids from around the couontry you have abandoned your junior base (4 clubs) and ignored your fringe supporter.

Roosters to the central coast, leave the 4 clubs for Souths to put in their sysytem and leave the band wagoners to follow the Swans, they are a part odf Sydney now and will be forever.

forget to take your medication by the looks of it :roll:

nqboy

First Grade
Yeah, it's been raining in Townsville recently and was pretty wet today. I was tossing up whether to walk down to the ground tonight and sit in the rain or stay at home and watch it on TV (glad I went). There were a few green patches on the hill, when it's packed you don't see any, and a few empty seats around the place. You could see it wasn't a full house, more a comfortable capacity.

nqboy

First Grade
Cheap shot Brutus and against Forum rules. If that's all you've got, you're pretty sad.