What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disgrace

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The whole place is a shambles. They have upgraded the ground floor twice in the past 15 years but the First Floor is a run down brothel. Robinson is a useless turd who could not run a shit house and should have been sacked ages ago.

Gareth67

First Grade
How very sad , it's one thing for that once almost magical halo to loose its shine , but another , when that halo is falling to pieces .

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench
Can you post a picture of the sign? Should name and shame management on that.

Reactions: Qdf

Emu01

Juniors
And they still don't have a sign outside the leagues club advertising upcoming games..I drive past all the time and can't believe there is nothing..

They need a large neon sign right out next to the Princess Highway,not a piece of paper sticky taped to the telegraph pole!

I hate to say it but Shark Park has massive signs up so everyone driving past can see who and when the next home game is,sometimes more than one.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
And they still don't have a sign outside the leagues club advertising upcoming games..I drive past all the time and can't believe there is nothing..

They need a large neon sign right out next to the Princess Highway,not a piece of paper sticky taped to the telegraph pole!

I hate to say it but Shark Park has massive signs up so everyone driving past can see who and when the next home game is,sometimes more than one.

Spot on Emu.
Also very annoying when game are on at shark park they have posters up all though hustrstville south hurstville and even carlton advertising there games .
We sould be pushing our home games better.
I was at the iga south hurstville and the rabbits were there trying to sell packages to people.
We need to push ourselves more and be more visible in the local areas imo

emu62

Juniors
Since we are all bagging the club,id like to join in with my disapproval of the poker machines there.
They are too much like their league team
Happy to take your money
Offer little or no entertainment
Give a brief glimpse of hope
In the end you walk out dejected & a loser
Seriously there pay outs seem a lot less than elsewhere
Maybe this is also a trough certain people partake in ?

Old Timer

Coach
Since we are all bagging the club,id like to join in with my disapproval of the poker machines there.
They are too much like their league team
Happy to take your money
Offer little or no entertainment
Give a brief glimpse of hope
In the end you walk out dejected & a loser
Seriously there pay outs seem a lot less than elsewhere
Maybe this is also a trough certain people partake in ?
All poker machines are geared the same as in the % return to the player
Some machines appear to pay more but that is just a reflection of the fact they are played more often
Therefore if the Taj's machines seem to pay less then they are actually played less which has a direct correlation to the types of machines and the facilities on offer
Conclusion the club is unattractive compared to other places rather than some conspiracy that people are taking a cut
The gaming manager is key to success in this area and he has to be an expert at this level of the industry

SaintHarry

Juniors
Drove a few hrs to spend the day at beach with kids.
Take them to dinner at sizzler and notice st george sign at carpark entry
Rusted old and bent out of shape.
No f**king pride in the club at all. Doust should be beaten to death with a dirty big dildo.
The perception starts at the front gate.

I absolutely loathe the "taj mahal"

blacksafake

First Grade

I live in the south west & when you drive round Campbelltown the tigers have advertising round the joint for their home games even if playing out at Homebush.

Changaman

Juniors
I get the feeling that there is intent here.
The Administration clearly want to play away from Kogarah. It pays more. But the would be a backlash from the supporters if Jubilee Oval was cut out altogether. So then if the leagues club is not an attractive venue to visit, and lets face it the leagues club don't give the team any money now, then fans won't enjoy the experience at Kogarah.
Also it seems that a lot of fans walk past the leagues club and go straight to the golf club for drinks after the game. A much better experience all round.
Just to add to list of issues, members of my family recently went to the leagues club to go to the merchandising store only to find it closed. Smart way to run a business.

Gareth67

First Grade
Unfortunately I only ever went there on a few occasions over the years . However it was such a thrill to be there , walking in and seeing Norm Provan's painting in the foyer , it may one think that they had just entered the realm of the Gods .

The place reeked of greatness , so prestigious , players always willing to have a few words with you , and to me being an out of towner , I had never seen so many pokies , the building itself so richly decorated .

The Club always left me with a lasting impression , it's such a shame , that does no longer seems to be the case .

Last edited:

emu62

Juniors
Unfortunately I only ever went there on a few occasions over the years . However it was such a thrill to be there , walking in and seeing Norm Provan's painting in the foyer , it may one think that they had just entered the realm of the Gods .

The place reeked of greatness , so prestigious , players always willing to have a few words with you , and to me being an out of towner , I had never seen so many pokies , the building itself so richly decorated .

The Club itself always left me with a lasting impression , it's such a shame , that does no longer seems to be the case .

Christ Gareth! It is a long time since youve been there

Gareth67

First Grade
Christ Gareth! It is a long time since youve been there

Yea , I think I meant him there once too ! ;)

The last time was back in the 80's , we said hello to Johnny Raper who was kind enough to say hello . The place was packed , everybody having a good yak , we had just beaten the Tigers at Kogarah , so yes it has been quite some time . Would not like to see it in its present state though , it would only spoil the memories .

Last edited:

Latest posts