What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disgusting fan behaviour on Friday

philstorm

Juniors
I'm not going to generalize about fan behaviour, but a great mate of mine and his wife both went to the match (both Dogs fans), only to have his seven-months pregnant wife poured beer on her and pelted with cups by a mob of unruly Broncos fans. Worst thing about it was the fact that the police didn't go a thing despite being only 10m away. It was in Bay 29 (if anyone went to the game), and would anyone have any photos of that Bay so my mate can report it to the police?

This kind of behaviour makes me sick ...

Dutchy

Immortal
was expecting it to be the other way round when you said Friday night...guess the minority of bad Dogs fans have learnt there leeson..no news about them..Good job

RABK

Referee
I noticed during one of Parkers kicks at goal (2nd last one i think) there looked like a confrontation between police and Bulldogs fans in the background. Guess it was a nothing incident.

Choppies

Coach
philstorm said:
I'm not going to generalize about fan behaviour, but a great mate of mine and his wife both went to the match (both Dogs fans), only to have his seven-months pregnant wife poured beer on her and pelted with cups by a mob of unruly Broncos fans. Worst thing about it was the fact that the police didn't go a thing despite being only 10m away. It was in Bay 29 (if anyone went to the game), and would anyone have any photos of that Bay so my mate can report it to the police?

Mate that's disgusting. Surely the police can get the security footage from the bay and at least attempt to do something.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That was much further down the park in probably Bay 34-35 odd.

I was in Bay 30... the fans in question were in that upper tier with the QANTAS signage on it, in front of the Corp Boxes i believe. He dropped not only beer over the edge but his Broncos flag as well. I don't have any photos but I do remember seeing this happen.

Ghoulies

Bench
Disgusting behaviour from anyone's point of view, so I hope the pricks who were involved are found out and given the boot from any further footy events.

C.P

Juniors
Cant help but add my own, our supporters cop enough flack so those from other clubs who want to carry on like pork chops should be highlighted also.

I was in Bay 11 and there was this big islander/fijian? guy 8/10 rows behind me, didnt hear boo in the second half but when the Broncos got on the roll in the 2nd he started getting up and yelling at Bulldogs supporters. This you could tolerate at this stage, but when they scored the try to go in front 22-20 he threw a large cup of soft drink over the 10 rows in front of him and this included families of women and kids and then stood there beating his chest and yelling out who wants some of this and gesturing menancingly at those in the rows around him. He was quite a big guy and I could see all these supporters looking at each other scared no one wanted to say boo to him.
I looked around for a security guard but as per usual the guy at the top of the stairs had disappeared. 5mins later 2 coppers appeared took one look at the guy (who was still yelling about having more ticker at this stage) and promptly took off. He continued fist pumping and yelling at people for the rest of the game and so not long after (since the writing was on the wall for the Dogs) plenty of people around him cleared out
Grub of the highest order

philstorm

Juniors
It's absolutely appalling and i'm disgusted most by the fact that the police did nothing. My mate has gone to the cameras trying to find the culprits involved, but these drunken idiots are the reason our game is getting into disrepute off the field.

LESStar58

Referee
Thats a shame! It's not the sort of thing you'd expect from any branch of the Broncos organisation IMO.

I'm sure if your friends made a complaint to the NRL or the Broncos or the SCG Trust, Cullen would probably be inclined to investigate it!

philstorm

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
Thats a shame! It's not the sort of thing you'd expect from any branch of the Broncos organisation IMO.

I'm sure if your friends made a complaint to the NRL or the Broncos or the SCG Trust, Cullen would probably be inclined to investigate it!

Well funnily enough, my mate said he didn't want to report it till after the Grand Final. He didn't want something like this in the news disturbing the Bronco's preparation (if it did make the news).

I thought that was very noble of him.

Choppies

Coach
philstorm said:
Well funnily enough, my mate said he didn't want to report it till after the Grand Final. He didn't want something like this in the news disturbing the Bronco's preparation (if it did make the news).

I thought that was very noble of him.

Nah mate f**k them. Report it now is my advice.
I doubt it would be headline news anyway but the quicker they can find em the better. We don't want these morons at the Grand Final.

Nikki

Coach
I was expecting to here of a lot more trouble on Friday night. I know we were coppin it a bit for supporting Parra in Prems.. We chose not to stick around for First Grade coz I just cant stand the behaviour of the bigger groups of Bulldogs fans.. Its not in my culture to watch a game with drums beating consistantly, and I just dont understand why ppl cant go to a game to actually WATCH a game of football..

But at the end of the day, every club has there bad fans as obviously pointed out by the Broncos Fans that have been mentioned.

the police at these events are glorified security guards who stand around n chat n look at the girls.Easy pay cheque for them..dont annoy me sunshine look on their faces

RiotAct

Juniors
i sat next to a few broncos fans who were great fun, there were a few tards in both colour jerseys around though.

ouwet

Bench
Nikki said:
I was expecting to here of a lot more trouble on Friday night. I know we were coppin it a bit for supporting Parra in Prems.. We chose not to stick around for First Grade coz I just cant stand the behaviour of the bigger groups of Bulldogs fans.. Its not in my culture to watch a game with drums beating consistantly, and I just dont understand why ppl cant go to a game to actually WATCH a game of football..

But at the end of the day, every club has there bad fans as obviously pointed out by the Broncos Fans that have been mentioned.

Sorry to disappoint:roll:
A bit of friendly words isn't trouble... I'm sick of supporters who ring Ray Hadley and go on board to have a bitch about the smallest thing.. If you can't stand people saying you support chockers... don't go to the footy!! I'm expecting it next year... it's part of Footy!!!

The amount of abuse i have copped from Rapist to criminal to Lebanese thug (Even if I'm with my Mum at the footy FFS)... it's disgusting... Should we start ringing the radio and having a go at every club? NO, that's life and if you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen!

But what Philstorm said is not on, and the police should be sacked for doing nothing!!! A life ban is in order for those Bronco's supporters!!

Nikki

Coach
Well you didnt disappoint, coz I left. I refuse to sit at Bulldogs games anymore. And it is unfortunate that it is a minority that have led me to feel that way.

And most of the abuse I cop at the football from the above mentioned minority have nothing to do with the team I follow. But again, if I am sittin with 3 other mates supporting a team that is not even playing against theres at the time, why should i have to put up with 15-20 of them hurling abuse at me??

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
I've only just returned to the football after 14 years, as when I was 12 I had a pie + beer thrown at me at Newcastle and chips thrown at me at Cronulla.

The reality is that grubs support every club. Unfortunately our code brings out both people who have a love for the game, but also a lot of dead-beats... Its tradtionally been a "working man's" game, and with that comes a highly undesirable element.

The behaviour described is disgusting, but unfortunately its not new. Only now have the media taken an interest. I'd report this incident to the police, the NRL, the Broncos and the media.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
philstorm said:

Mate you come on here an make a serious allegation of police neglecting their duty. Tell your mate to complain to the police, an official complaint. They should be able to check the security footage and maybe they can send it to the Broncos for possible identification. The big issue you raise is that someone was assaulted and the cops did nothing. Hope you are not making up stories.

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah I agree.. report it, don't wait. The longer you wait the more hard it is.

I read today that Ben Kennedy's family were abused and taunted at the Saints/Manly game so much so that they were reduced to tears and were moved away. This kind of sh*t happens in every club.

The last game I went to at the Dogs home ground this year we were also abused, had food chewed up and spat at us, beer thrown and I had a child of about 10 years old tell me to suck his dick.
But these people were not Dogs fans.. they were the pieces of sh*t that hang onto a sheeps arse

Latest posts